Thread: how to make the kit

how to make the kit

Hi, wanna ask is there any topics where is detailed described how to make a car kit?
    I`m askin cuz i`m verry poor and cant afford to buy one.
    Thanks

Re: how to make the kit

If your very poor and cant afford to buy one, then you have one then you have no chance in making one. Kit cars cost alot more to make than buy. This is more of a passion. So be prepared to part with decent money

« Reply #1 on: Today at 07:37:53 AM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your very poor and cant afford to buy one, then you have one then you have no chance in making one. Kit cars cost alot more to make than buy. This is more of a passion. So be prepared to part with decent money
    To be fare to the guy you do have ppl who may be poor but have talent. And if he has talent to do fiberglass work then he is half way their to try it. I know guys in my country that are poor as heck and they get deals on boats that are too much for the average person to pay to fix and when they done with it in 1 yr or so it look like it was never damage. But I do understand your statement also. But let’s give him the benefit of the doubt… my advise is to do a lot of reading and find as much photos you can but you would need something to work off of and that would mean you need access to a kit or the real thing to copy..
    Good luck to you!!!!

EZ

thank you for your advice !
    I have a friend that is a scluptor he can sculpt me the matrix (dunno how to say it) the things that i will mould the fiberglass (its 30$ for 20 kilograms)

hi
    guna

i have plans to build some kit cars
    i can send you one for free
    what car you are thinking to build ?

where are you from ?

the only way to end up with a small fortune in the kit car industry is to start with a big one lol

or splash a kit and sell it as ur own haha

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingLambo
    hi
    guna

i have plans to build some kit cars
    i can send you one for free
    what car you are thinking to build ?

where are you from ?
    This would be too generous!
    about the car i havent decided yet but i prefer roadsters, the best would be murci on a stretched fiero but i think its too hard to make and its verry expensive so i think about a ferrari on mr2 or i saw a post with ferrari 430 on celica and it seems to be not so hard to do. / but i dont like the fact that celicas engine is in the front/ ??? ??? ???
    ps. I`m a student in college in Eastern Europe I`m studing economics and marketing and i`m working for a 500$ per month thats why i dont have a lot of money, and if i cant make the kit by myself i hope when i finish college i will afford to buy one, but i visit the forum everyday and when i see your cars i feel like i cant wait 5-6 years to have one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by dna-engineering
    the only way to end up with a small fortune in the kit car industry is to start with a big one lol
    100 % true !!
    lol

The least expensive way to build a kit car is to start with a second hand kit that someone has started and is selling. Check on ebay or any of your local classifieds. You will need plenty of time and some skills to finish it but that is what this business is all about.