Thread: Need Help - Ferrari front Hood Prop

Need Help - Ferrari front Hood Prop

Hi!

To all of the Ferrari TR builders experts, I would like to request your assistance in the following area:
    1. Front hood - I have hinged the front hood and it works great! However, I am having problem with using the original Fiero hood prop. Do you have a picture of where am I supposed to bolt the prop? Do I have to remove the location from the car and relocated it to another area? What other method do you recommend? Picture will be very helpful... you know what they say, "picture speaks 1000 words..."

2. Rear decklid - I decided to bolt the decklid to the quarter panels so the decklide does not open or close. I have opted to make the engine cover and that's the part that will open and close. Instead of spending 1000 of hours in making the grill, I am going to use perforated sheet metal. I was wondering if anyone has use perforated sheet metal and what kind of hinge they used. Once again, if you can recommend another way of makig this piece, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

AK

Re:Need Help - Ferrari front Hood Prop

Since I'm in the building stages myself, I can only help with one thing, the cover hinges. I was told to use Audi engine hood hinges. I got a set the other day at the salvage yard and they look great. They will open the cover "up and away"
    There were no emblems on the car, but I would say it was a late 80's Audi. A big 4 door car.
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

Thanks for the info... So, you are saying you used the front AUDI hood hinge for the engine cover of the replica Testarossa, right? Can you post some pictures of the set up?

thanks,
    AK

;D Just looked at your profile!!!!!! ANDREW!!!!! welcome to the forum!! :-* Glad to see you finally found us! ARI,,,,,you be nice to this guy,,,,,,I bought my 25'th from him,,,,,,nice guy,,,,cute family too,,,,,,,,can't seem to finish a project though,,,,,,,,maybe he just can't pick a paint color? I hope to see your KoenigTR FINISHED some day. Post a pic or two,,,,,These people love this stuff......I will post for you if you don't have it figured out yet. Let me know. And again,,,,,,WELCOME! 8)

Im not femiller with the TR. but if it opens in the same directon as the feiro,and you still have the old hood,cut out the plate in the old hood that the bolts screued into.next cut out a hole that the plate will fit in on your TR hood roughfly in the same place as the feiro.use a good 2K epoxy to secure it in place.I recomend JB kwic weld.(that stuff works great on a lot of stuff,like repairing riped urithane bumpers)This is for the prop rod.Hope this helps.

Thanks Bondobob... I might try that....