Thread: wheel offset and size for a mera/308 kit

wheel offset and size for a mera/308 kit

I'm having a tough time working with wheel stores finding a lowpriced wheel that will fill my rear wheel well. Its not easy to find a deep dish rim in the 5/100 front wheel drive pattern. where can I locate deepdish rims and what would the offset or what ever be when I do find the rims? Since they all tend to just look up stock fiero sizes for me. Thanks

Re:wheel offset and size for a mera/308 kit

there is a company called DTM motorsport that actualy make the rims to fit your car. For a set of 18" it is 1,900.00 usd they are located in Alhambra, California off of Valley blvd.

EEEOOOOWWCCHHHHHH, WAY over budget!!! I'm trying to stay in the 150ish a rim range. I've spent way to much on other things and have yet to even buy my new front clip and midnight blue metalic paint job!! so far I've liked the price and look of the Motegi rims and they makes 16s still something rare in a age of 26" rims that spin. and they come in a 5x100 But at a +42 offset.. it dont look deepdish.. wonder if they make other offsets? I have also found another set of like rims in a +30 offset. I'm really lost as to what size I should go to get the extra 2" of wheel well filled (heck even an extra inch would be nice, and NO spacers) heres pics of how it would look. I'm just wanting to have an idea so when I go to my wheel hookup I can be ready with the info.. Thanks you guys are the best! BTW I love the white rim idea due to my suspension being white on a blue car..

Whats wrong with the rims already on your car?I think they look good.

I still have the rims that came with a 308/328 kit. They have the correct offset if you need the measurements, or if you want to buy the set (no marks or scratches) email me.
    John Good
    <br />Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
    <br />Canada

try www.tires.com then go to discount tire direct then wheels they have wheels and tires for the fiero from 14in to 19in they have an interactive so you can see what the car will look like. with the rims hope this helps..

Check the wheel specs. You are lucky if yours uses the same offsets as a regular fiero. The rims shipped with a 308 kit I have are quite different than a regular Fiero. The front is 35mm and the rear has a backset of 3 and 5/8 inches. The rear is beyond general specs rim manufacturers generally use for the Fiero. It does enable you to use a 275 rear tire though! I finally had to have new ones made at a CONSIDERABLE sum. Again, check to see what type of offest/backspace you really need first.
    John Good
    <br />Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
    <br />Canada

try http://www.1010tires.com/

i have dealt with them, very good prices + shipping (my set was 25 CDN shipped)

these are 151.99ea in the clearance section and they will fit

these are 120.00ea

those shown have a +42 offset.. which I've read in past post in pennocks forum will work fine.. for a stock body fiero. what Im needing is something for the rears that is zero offset or maybe even negitive (not good on bearings though) I need to pull the tire out to the rim of the fender lip. which is about 2", without the use of spacers. But finding rims that are cheap and have coustom offsets dont go well together. I guess I'll contact my wheel guy today and see what he can dig up for me. theres gotta be a 5x100 car that has a diff offset that I can use on my rears. (motegi rims phonne is always busy, great sign eh?) Thanks fellas.
    BTW those rims on my car are up for sale.. make offer.