Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samari brake light wiring

Samari brake light wiring

??? Anyone know which wires of the red light,(park, brake) of the samari are connected to which 88 Fiero lights? I have all the other lights connected and have the proper ones with no bulb and tied away. I have the backups wired as well as the markers and the turn signals. What I need to know is,,,,,,,,the three wires on the center samari light, red green black, go to which ones on the brake light on the harness. the left harness is 2 yellows, black, brown,. the right harness is 2 greens, black, brown. Any ideas? While I'm at it.....are these two little lights from the center of the harness the license plate lights? 8)

Re:Samari brake light wiring

you gave us an easy one, black-ground yellow-dir.
    green-dir. brown tail lights two little ones in center are for lic.
    The Prezzz

So the red wire on the samari light gets connected to what? And then the green to what?

Hi Larry,
    Green is for tail light red is brake and dir. blk is ground
    Tom
    The Prezzz

kitcarnut

You have to run separate wire from brake light switch (loc. on b.pedal) to to power brake lights. Your Samurai wont work as Fiero set up.

??? OK, I now have all working lights,,,,,front and rear. One problem. As Kitcarnut already knows,,,,,,,stepping on the brake turns on the yellow and the red. The yellow also blinks as the turn,,,,but so does the red. That is really no big problem. I cut the park light to the yellow signal and of course it only lights for turn,,,,,and brake. Any way to isolate the turn away from the brake circuit and keeping the flash? Kitcarnut said to run wire from the switch. I have three wires on the switch. White, orange, blue. You have ten seconds left to decide which wire to cut,,,,,,,,W, O, B? W, O, B? 6 seconds,,,,,,,,,,These things can drive you nuts!! 8)

:-[ One more thing,,,,,,,,,,,where is the switch for the reverse lights? On the console? On the tranny? I haven't been able to get these to come on yet. 8)

LarryBud, I ran a wire from the front side marker back to the yellow turn light...

kitcarnut

Gee, I don't remember what collor.Cut em ALL!!.
    NOOO WAIT ,take a test light, one must be hot at all times,second push pedal and see which wire goes hot .cut it ,leave some for splicing and run wire from it all the way to the lights. any other carefully cut ?? you may need towel to wipe your sweat LOL. that's how I did it and survived.

I tried that and the car burst into flames.I would sugest spliceing the blue wire into the red one.next I would take the white one and slowley turn it to black by useing verrius shades of grey wire.Than I would take some random wire from an imported car and slowley lay it next to all the other wires and stand back.If nothing happens withen a weak or so,your good to go.Hope this helps.