Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Duane Cox Air-Dynamics F355 spyder kitcar build

Duane Cox Air-Dynamics F355 spyder kitcar build

I picked up my Air-Dynamics 355 spyder the other weekend (08/2003) and have a few pictures I would like to share. At this point these parts are "as I received them" and they are just laying on my 88 donor fiero. Hard to believe eh? Check out this "right out of the mold" fit! I still have to cut my fiero front end so that the hood will come down where it belongs.

John's parts are made with quality and skill that's hard to find these days.

Re:Air Dynamics F355 Spyder Kit

:-* Congratulations!!! We look forward to seeing this one done here right in front of our eyes! Keep us posted with plenty of pics. It looks like you found a "good" one to work with. 8)

Hi FREf355,

Is this a stretch kit? Do you have any pics of the deck lid and the rear bumper? Does this kit also come with separate rockers?

Please give me more info in this kit.

Thanks,

355lover

I'll try to get some more pictures up soon. A special thanks to MAPICS for all his help as of late. John at AD is also the best to work with. This kit does have seperate rockers, I think you can see a partial shot of them off to the side in the pictures. This particular kit is going to be stretched, but John can build one for the stock Fiero wheelbase. If you are doing a spyder, I think it's easier to just stretch the car. Otherwise you will spend some time doing fiberglass work, as he has the original size rear quarters (from the F355) for the spyder, and has a modified (fiero wheelbase) rear quarter for the hardtop.

!! Wow! Looks even better then the all mighty mirage kit! How much did you pay for this kit? How much for the coupe models? Does John Watson/Air Dynamics have a website? Looking forward to the rest of the pictures

Quote Originally Posted by machina
    !! Wow! Looks even better then the all mighty mirage kit! How much did you pay for this kit? How much for the coupe models? Does John Watson/Air Dynamics have a website?
    I'm not going to get into the war of what kit is better or best, but what I will say is, that I have been wanting to do a 355 for 2 YEARS! After A LOT of research, I found John via his son Rick and MAPICS. I put a deposit on it shortly after. I have not seen a MIRAGE kit, only pictures. But from all the kits I have seen, pictures and in real life, the AD and the MIRAGE are among the best ever made (in my opinion). I chose to buy the Air-Dynamics kit. John was polite, honest, and only a 9 hour drive, ugh. I don't know what John's prices are, it's best to ask him, I negotiated a price for this kit last year in September. I think MAPICS is working with John for a website, not sure on the status.

To the best of my knowledge, John won't be doing a website. I think they have made a decision to keep themselves out of the light as much as possible. You can pretty much imagine he has been extremely busy as of lately due to his overwhelming popularity on this forum.

Great news is that the Powerhouse site will have complete details on the AD 355 shortly. I have probably spoken to John at least a dozen times in the last two months and I can say from personal experience, He has got to be one of the nicest and sincerest guys I have had the pleasure of getting to know.
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

My "POWER PLANT", which of course it attached to a 5spd.

A 2001 Pontiac GTP 3800 S/C with only 300 miles... cool!
    So clean you could eat off it.

VIDEO: http://home.illicom.net/~dcox/f355/videos/ignition.avi

Here are some more pictures of "raw" parts to google over.

OEM size decklid...

OEM size doorscoops...

OEM quarter with doorjam...

The short version of the decklid made to work with the MR2 back glass in a hardtop kit...