Thread: tagra top for fiero

tagra top for fiero

does any one have any information on a tagra top for a fiero for the f355. or can a coupe kit be converted to a spyder. thanks for your help. new member.

Re:tagra top for fiero

Quote Originally Posted by BOOMER
    does any one have any information on a tagra top for a fiero for the f355. or can a coupe kit be converted to a spyder. thanks for your help. new member.
    Boomer;

A coupe can, indeed, be converted into a convertible but it is a HUGE amount of work. I have been doing it for the past couple months. I have just posted a couple pictures under Technical Discussions - going topless started by MAPICS MAN with a few views of what I am trying to do.

If you want more pictures or more info, email me offline and I can send you what I have and what I have done.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Hi,BOOMER welcome to the forum.A convertible or Targa top is a lot of work strengthing the frame, because the the Targa is missing the T-bar in the roof this weakens the frame and can cause it to sag.The same thing happens with a convertible.I would say the easyiest way would be to stick with the stock T-Top if you can get one a GT or SE car should work (ask the kit manufacturer first).but this depends on the kit you are thinking of purchaseing.I have seen 355 spider, non convertibles (that would look nice with a T-top)I dont think you could convert a convertible to a hard top or T-top (possibly but it would be a lot of work.)Ask your self this do you have the skill and time to strengthen the frame?
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

THANKS, DON, AND JAMES BOND. YOUR EXPERTISE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. I NEED TO RETHINK MY IDEAS ON THIS PROJECT.IT SEEMS A FIERO T TOP IS HARD TO COME BY. THE MR2 T TOP SEEMS TO BE MORE AVAILABLE, BUT IM NOT SURE THE DIMENSIONS ARE AS EXACT AS THE FIERO. I THOUGHT I HAD SEEN SOME 328/308 FIERO BASED CARS WITH TARGA TOPS BUT I MAY HAVE BEEN MISTAKEN..