Thread: Buying parts from Ferrari dealers

Buying parts from Ferrari dealers

Do the parts dealers require a VIN# before selling to you, or can any kit builder buy from them so long as you don't tell them?

Re:Buying parts from Ferrari dealers

No you do not need to have the Vin # to buy from the ferrari dealers. I have bought several things and never had to give the VIN. I of course didnt say it was for a kit. Just make sure you have a year in mind when you order parts, I use 1997 for mine.

Some do some don't,i used to buy my trim parts from faf
    in atlanta georgia,and they diden't care,they just wanted the sales,i used to keep lights in stock for 6 daytonas at all times,not cheap!CALL A FEW LISTED IN THE DUPONT REGISTRY,AND ASK FOR THE PARTS DEPT,MOST JUST WANT TO KEEP UP THIER SALES
    MIKE

Only problem there is your paying a Ferrari dealers mark-up which I can almost guarantee is over %200-300. Thats if its a cheap one. If you have a couple of specific parts in mind email me and I'll see if I can do anything to help. Eacreations@aol.com, and please be patient, I am pulled in so many directions it sometimes takes me awhile, but I promise to get back to you even if I can't get it cheaper.

I never had to use a vin number to purchase parts for my car. I only needed the year and body type so they could reference the proper numbers in the cataloging system. It is pretty easy to get a vin if you need one. Look on e-bay and print off one of the photos of the car vin number your building.

Here is one for a 1995 355 Spyder in case you need one.

If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

i had the brilliant idea of buying a 512 ft. cover one time they didnt want a VIN just 3900$ i never tried again i thought they would want probably $1000 at the most i was going to splash it and return and pay a restocking fee HA HA i got a 512 ft. bumper some where else thats been my only experience in authenic ferrari parts world . are all you guys rich

Quote Originally Posted by mike d.
    i had the brilliant idea of buying a 512 ft. cover one time they didnt want a VIN just 3900$ i never tried again i thought they would want probably $1000 at the most i was going to splash it and return and pay a restocking fee HA HA i got a 512 ft. bumper some where else thats been my only experience in authenic ferrari parts world . are all you guys rich
    I guess we never think of putting it to a Ferrari dealer. We mostly think only of building cars. No wonder the parts are so expensive with people buying and returning them. That is like a woman buying a nice dress, wearing it for a few parties, and then returning it for a refund. Something just isn't right about that. Reflections of Bill Clinton, I guess.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

i was just kidding

Would the parts department ship out UPS if needed??
    Has Ferrari of Atlanta done this for anyone?

Ferrari is cool. If you walk in and tell them that you need a part at first they will look at you funny (if you are my age) then they will send you to the parts department laughing. After that you tell the parts department (the ones that will take you serious) what you need. If they have it in stock pay for it then and take it home or if not put a deposit and they will order it for you. Once you get the part walk out the same way you came in. (hehehe) that is me laughing will the sales reps jaws drop because now they think I have a ferrari since I bought parts. As far as the sales department they don't care. (don't ask don't tell policy) if someone thinks its real let them but if they ask you if its a kit don't lie.