Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: creative cars 512tr

creative cars 512tr

hello, I recently have a creative cars 512 that I bought very unfinished and am wondering if anyone has access to the custom windshields/outer tray and or gauge faces they used or can direct me to anyone who worked on these for technical support.also, can the fiero climate controls be recessed into the console facing upwards or is this impossible?are there any donor cars that have inner door handles that open up like tr, the closest ive seeen are 88-91 nissan maxima handles but they'r not exact, also why do people retain the long rectangular defroster strip in the dash on these extended windshield cars? shouldnt the defrost be redirected through th 5 wiener shaped outlets farther out on the dash?

Re:creative cars 512tr

if you look at some of the topics you see that madmike daleford mapics man and others have wrote a novel about putting a chrysler avenger windshield in the windshield hole and it also looks really nice the way madmike is doing it he is theMAN i cant wait to try it on mine ive learned so much on this forum about installing that windshield that im going to take a couple days off work and do mine maybe a week it makes a tr look 200 percent better and forget about the geo storm stratus rumors the avenger /sebring coupe1996 is the one . read all the topics on this forum about it and youll be convinced

It's still a lot of work to make the new tray to mount the windshield,i have about 50 hours in mine now,i'm just getting ready to make the molds of the panel,it mounts the windshield,
    its the outer piller covers,the filler to the old windshield area and dash,and wiper and trim mount in on piece,the cost of the panels is going to be 200$to cover the cost of making and trimming the panel if you want one!
    MIKE

SORRY GUY,missed the second question,the problem with the defrosters is that they're on the other side of the firewall if you try to put them where the originals are as the extended windshield is about 8 inches in front of the original fiero windshield which lined up right at the firewall,it's a lot of work making uP ducts to bring the defroster hose into that area.
    MIKE

when you get those pieces ready to sell and supply daleford and all of them with them im in . thats a really neat trick

thanks for the response guys, but believe me when I tell you that the avenger windshield does not work for this application, the windshield I need will need will either have to be custom made (any one out there) as my car was designed originally to utilize or possibly a stratus w/s trimmed sides and top, so again if anyone knows of asource for the custom glass or will help with trimming a stratus w/s please help

IF you trim a stratus windshield,what you get is an avenger coupe when you're done,make a paper pattern of an avenger,and lay it in the stratus,you only lose about a 1/2
    inch in forward length,and the sides line up right down the sides of the pillar,the windshield just has a sleight bow as it follows the pillar.
    MIKE

jdoor . just do what madmike says i dont understand why everybody keeps harping on the stratus geo gig . all you have to do is look at the pictures .it looks like the avenger windshield grew in the fiero windshield hole .buy yourself a stratus windshield and do it the hard way its your time and money

I also have a Creative Cars testarossa, maybe we can get together and share some ideas. I have talked to the fomer owner in the pass about the windshield too. He can't seem to remember , its pretty hard to get information out of him, dosn't care to have anything to do with the kitcar business anymore. I have gathered a collection of pictures and written infromation to build my car. I have not started yet, i am bought a new house and i plan on bulding a new shop in the next few weeks, as soon as the rain stops. If you have any questions please ask.

It's not just the problem of mounting the windshield,it's getting a set of wipers to fit and work,a trim panel that will look like a production car,a new mount for your fiero hood latch moved forward,a filler to seal off the mounting area to the original windshield area,those are all molded into the final tray i built,becouse i diden't want to keep doing it every time i built another turn key car.Dale's getting his next week on the way home,he'll be the first to see it in person and on my car,he can tell you how it fits.
    MIKE