Thread: 308 Stinger kit questions, pulling mold Q's also

308 Stinger kit questions, pulling mold Q's also

I've Finaly run across the ol elusive stinger kit but its a complete kit on a car and I dont have the funds for it. BUT what I'd really like to know is.. does anyone know of the location of the molds and how I could get parts(I'm sure ferrari hacked these perfect replica molds back into fibers then torched them) OR what would it take to pull new molds of the front clip off this kit, the headlights and hood are a perfect match to real ferrari 308/328s. I really really want this hood.. WAAA!! Thanks

Re:308 Stinger kit questions, pulling mold Q's also

making molds isnt all that hard ,apply pva lay up mat and resin etc. it stinks and its messy there are several good websites on making molds and there are a lot of good books. making molds is a lot like taking pictures you have a negative image when you make your mold and then you have a positive image when you make your part if your like me youll enjoy making parts .i learned how to do it from a book ill find that book and post the name of it

MIKE,THOU ART A SICK PUPPY!!nobody likes making molds and parts,its stinky,itchy dirty rotten work,but it is a necessary evil!!!!
    MIKE

Nothing will match up. The Stinger is wider and much different from the Mera/308 kits.

Yeah the guy selling it also has a mera and said its wider and would not mate to the doors.. ARGG.. I really want that center opening hood and correct lights. MAN I really wish I had the cash to buy it. I'm even thinking about selling my lifted yukon gt to get it, and put the body on my freshy revamped chasis. Arggg decesions decesions.. wants wants needs.. blehh

Hi all,
    The stinger was designed in Laval, Quebec Canada and was molded on a real 308. If I remember well the body was basically splitted in the middle and widened by about 4".
    Not many were made. I'm pretty sure that the molds are now with Pigeon Performance (cobra builder). I found their telephone numbers in a Kit Car mag. issue (sept, 2000)
    They are located in St-Julienne Quebec. (450) 831-2791 fax (450) 831-8468.
    Good luck.

So I wonder what it would take to remove those 4" or do something with the fenders to make a wide body look.. I really need to stop this sort of thing or my car will never see the road.. But I HAVE to figure out what I'm going to do for a front clip and its not going to be cheep any which way I look at it. Back when I had the accident Fiero plus still had them but I'm unable to contact him anymore so I figured they have moved on. I'd actually scrap my euro front spoiler and koenig side skirt to be able to do the orig front clip.. Thanks for the info, Now to see if it gets me anywhere.. L8