Thread: diablo info??

diablo info??

hello all..i have been browsing the site for a while now..i finally feel im ready to begin my project..after much research..i have decided to go with a lamborghini diablo 6.0 for various reasons..im still kinda puzzled about a few areas of the project and could really use some info..i plan on using a 88 fiero as my donor..does anyone know who makes the most accurate diablo kit??

Re: diablo info??

Well I'm hoping to either do a Diablo 6.0 or a 25th Countach here in the near future.

There's not many companies that specialize in 6.0's anymore NAERC made probably the most accurate you could buy but its been over 7 years since they've been gone. A Member by the name of MMBrazil still does kits so id check hit him up first. You could give Total Performance a shot. Although the guy is a jerk Id say give a shot and see what they can do for you. They are the old D&R bodies which were the second most acurate in North America. Lastly there's a german company that does IFG style kits I'm not sure what their name is but go over on kitcental.com and check through that site. Someone can point you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by VF1Skullangel
    Well I'm hoping to either do a Diablo 6.0 or a 25th Countach here in the near future.

There's not many companies that specialize in 6.0's anymore NAERC made probably the most accurate you could buy but its been over 7 years since they've been gone. A Member by the name of MMBrazil still does kits so id check hit him up first. You could give Total Performance a shot. Although the guy is a jerk Id say give a shot and see what they can do for you. They are the old D&R bodies which were the second most acurate in North America. Lastly there's a german company that does IFG style kits I'm not sure what their name is but go over on kitcental.com and check through that site. Someone can point you in the right direction.
    thanks for the info buddy..what donor do you plan on using??

Try cliffscustomfab here on the board. He is making an OEM Diablo 6.0 body and interior for me. You might want to get in touch with him and see if he can help you out any since he is starting a 6.0 for me. He might be able to do one right along with mine. He also has a roadster kit for sale. You can't get anymore accurate than OEM parts. I am using an '88 stretched to 10.5".

I have a 6.0 kit for sale for 3k , it is an exact copy of the naerc kit with better fiberglass qaulity than they had.

check out the link
    http://www.kitcentral.com/index.php?...73ed7a33b92b9e
    email me for some pics

rodrieguz@yahoo.com

I would not use the 88 for a Diablo. For the stock Fiero the 88s have the better suspension and will drive nicer. For a 308 kit where you keep the stock car and suspension, then yes the 88 would be a wise choice. For any kit that has to alter the suspension, like wide track or wheel spacers, then it doesn't matter which year you start with. Then the down side of the 88. The front wheel bearings are out of production and stock. Yes you can get some aftermarket ones, but they do not hold up well for the autocrosser guys which means that they will fail with large heavy wheels or worst, spacers. Save yourself time, money and hunting down specific 88 parts and go with a 85-87.

Quote Originally Posted by Brastic
    I would not use the 88 for a Diablo. For the stock Fiero the 88s have the better suspension and will drive nicer. For a 308 kit where you keep the stock car and suspension, then yes the 88 would be a wise choice. For any kit that has to alter the suspension, like wide track or wheel spacers, then it doesn't matter which year you start with. Then the down side of the 88. The front wheel bearings are out of production and stock. Yes you can get some aftermarket ones, but they do not hold up well for the autocrosser guys which means that they will fail with large heavy wheels or worst, spacers. Save yourself time, money and hunting down specific 88 parts and go with a 85-87.
    I disagree with this because the 88 is probably the best year for any fiero based kits. Its got the best suspension, brakes and motor. Most of them are long away from the craptastic 4 speed nash transmissions and actually have real 5 speeds. Most likely you will find one in best conditon that you do not have to invest more money into it meaning keeping that 2.8 motor is an option if your on a budget.

Unless you got 5k to spend on held suspension id say go with an 85-87 model but if anything shoot for the 87-88 models because they are better engineered that way and they are less likely to have the bigger issues like the earlier models do.

I have to disagree aswell....

I have went with the Held Motorsport wide track suspension for my '88. From all the reading I have done, the '88 is the most desired it seems. That's what helped me decide on what Fiero to go with.

The suspension parts for earlier than an 88 seem to be more readily available and cheaper too.
    With upgraded suspension you can make a pre-88 almost as good as an 88.
    As far as the motor an 88 has the same V-6 that came in all of the pre-88s.

Go with the best condition donor you can find, I would rather have a pre 88 Fiero with a good/complete suspension than a 88 with a worn out/ missing parts suspension. My Diablo Roadster is on a stretched 88, but it was missing all the brake calipers, rear sway bar, and some other stuff.... Just to get all new 88 calipers with no cores was expensive! I wish I would have went with a big brake upgrade instead but I got in a hurry....