Thread: 512TR SIDE WINDOWS

512TR SIDE WINDOWS

HELLO , DESPITE THE FACT THAT MY CAR HAS BEAUTIFULLY MADE B PILLARS AND CUSTOM TEMPERED QUARTER WINDOWS WITH BLACK SHADING, I STILL WANT TO REPLACE THE SIDE WINDOW/ QUARTER WINDOW COMBO WITH ONE THAT HAS THE DOOR GLASS SLANTED BACK AND UP AND THE FORWARD EDGE OF THE QUARTER WINDOW SLOPING DOWN INSTEAD OF THE STOCK FIERO GLASS HAS A STRAIGHT LINE DOWN THE MIDDLE BETWEEN THE TWO PIECES, HAS ANYONE DONE THIS CONVERSION? HAS ANYONE ADDED A SIDE WINDOW FRAME LIKE AN ORIGINAL CAR?IT MAY SEEM LIKE A SMALL DETAIL TO MOST BUT TO ME IT MAKES QUITE A VISUAL DIFFERENCE

Re:512TR SIDE WINDOWS

I have the same idea , only problem is you would have to replace the fiero door glass with one that is longer and is slanted where it meets the quarter side glass. I have not tried any other glass form other cars, but it is something i would be intrested in doing as well as the correct windshield. Anything is possible, only takes time and money.

yes you would have to replace the fiero glass as i mentioned, but that truly is the easiest part, there are any one of hundreds of production door windows that would work including but not limited to 86-90 taurus/sable, 00 nissan altima etc. rewelding the b pillar to meet the new curve is no problem for me, if I can then utilize a factory tr quarter window then its really pretty straightforward, if not i have to cut something down which is very tough( i am having trouble getting to do this for my windshield currently) i also want a door frame as on a original car but havent found a production car frame similar in profile (including an original) so far

You can cut a windshield to shape becouse it's made of regular glass laminated togrther,no one in the world can cut a quarter window or rear window,they're made from curved tempered plate glass which will shatter if you try to sand,sandblast,or cut it to shape!! there was a company in
    western mass a few years ago that set up an oven to take the temper out of side and rear window glass,they then cut or drilled it.then reheated it to put the temper back in,only drawback was a 40 percent sucess rate,so they're out of buisness.
    MIKE

The ck-3kits were one of the most accurate out there,what they did,was when they cut out the side of the fiero behind the door glass that was solid,and extended it 3 inches for the length of the quarter glass they lowered the piller at the back of the door glass 1-inch,and that gave the proper rake to the roof and side window,but there was still enough adjustment in the door glass to make it follow the new rake,still seal,and look right.
    MIKE