Thread: What are the right size spacers?

What are the right size spacers?

So I ordered wheel adapters for my 87 fiero 2.8 (bodied as an F40). I ordered 5x100's and they didn't fit...did I do something wrong? What is the correct size? :-\

Re: What are the right size spacers?

All Fiero's are 5x100. What is the issue you are having? Maybe they sent you the incorrect size.

5x100 is the correct size IF you still have the fiero wheel pattern. People have converted the hubs over to 5x4.75 bolt patterns. Can you describe the issue a little better? Place the spacer over the bolts and look to see of they all line up. If they do then they probably didn't give you enough clearance to clear the hub flange.

Frank - i know you are pretty new to kit cars and your learning lots of things - i suggest before you go about buying certain things you ask others where they have gotten certain items and their experiences, thoughts, and opinions on those items and Vendors selling those items.
    It might save you a few headaches in the future.

Rob

Rob,

I agree. This actually happened a few weeks ago (the very next day after I got the car). It was before I had even discovered these forums.

The car was going to be on the lift at Tire Kingdom getting new tires, clutch slave cylinder, etc etc. So I figured hey, perfect opportunity to pick up the spacers. I ran down to advance auto and had them ordered, picked them up the day the car was at TK. The mechanic came up to me and said "they don't fit. Seriously. They don't fit." Either a) he knew NOTHING about how to put these on, b) I was given the wrong size by advance auto (which we'll never know now) or c) the wheel hubs on my car are completely different than fiero...but I'm doubting that's the case.

Do they fit the hub? Do the new wheels not bolt up? Where exactly is the problem? What wheels were already on them? How thick are the spacers?

Quote Originally Posted by RHK
    Do they fit the hub? Do the new wheels not bolt up? Where exactly is the problem? What wheels were already on them? How thick are the spacers?
    They do not fit the hub. The holes did not line up from what he showed me. Even without the holes lined up, while it was just sitting on the hub, it was shifting all around (had about half an inch of play in it, wasn't firm on there). I'm not sure what wheels are currently on there. I can tell you the spacers I tried to get were 1 1/4". Not the best of pics but here's the current wheels: