Thread: Lambo body disassembly before paint is applied

Lambo body disassembly before paint is applied

??? I require some input from the Mad Mechanics society about the proper procedure to prepare my car for the paint booth. Most, if not all good painters, like to shoot the door, hood, engine cover edges and jambs wheel wells etc. and hidden areas first before shooting the surface areas. Is the procedure to remove the doors and have the jambs and door edges painted along with the door jambs at the same time and then reinstall the doors when it's time for the surface areas to be painted? I know that jdinner and RT know exactly what I am asking and so does many others here. Thanks for the info in advance. :-*

ps: Is Kit Central down for good???

Re: Lambo body disassembly before paint is applied

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo6.0
    ??? I require some input from the Mad Mechanics society about the proper procedure to prepare my car for the paint booth. Most, if not all good painters, like to shoot the door, hood, engine cover edges and jambs wheel wells etc. and hidden areas first before shooting the surface areas. Is the procedure to remove the doors and have the jambs and door edges painted along with the door jambs at the same time and then reinstall the doors when it's time for the surface areas to be painted? I know that jdinner and RT know exactly what I am asking and so does many others here. Thanks for the info in advance. :-*

ps: Is Kit Central down for good???
    Eddie painted my car with the doors ON. He masked it off and painted all the hidden areas first. All the undersides of the decks lids were done at the same time.
    Since we were using PPG pearl paint Eddie wanted to shoot ALL the surfaces with the same paint mixture. So the top sides were all done at the same time with the same coverage.