Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3800 to Fiero wiring harness

3800 to Fiero wiring harness

I am knee deep into a wiring project. I want to clean up everything to make a simple harness from the 3800 Buick computer to the Fiero C500 and C203 connectors. I have stripped away all of the shielding and have started to trace out wires and circuits. Has anyone experience with this type of project. I am using a 5 Speed Getrag, 1999 Buick 3800 and have the 1999 3800 computer. I contacted JR at Kitcarman and he wanted $1,500 to lace it together but I want to do it myself.

Here is what I want to accomplish: I want to remove any wiring that was used for the 3800 automatic transmission and old wiring for Fiero computer. I pulled down some information from Rockcrawl and David Cole to get some prints and outlines of what need to be done. Is there a any information regarding wire color, pin out and description for the 3800 ECM. I want to map the information on a spreadsheet before proceeding.

If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Re:3800 to Fiero wiring harness

Dave,
    I have done MULTIPLE 3800 installs into the fiero for LOTS of customers at Fiero Parts Depot in Paxton IL. I can help you with the documentation, but you'll have to splice it yourself. What year is your donor fiero? And what year is your wiring harness and computer.

Quote Originally Posted by FREf355
    Dave,
    I have done MULTIPLE 3800 installs into the fiero for LOTS of customers at Fiero Parts Depot in Paxton IL. I can help you with the documentation, but you'll have to splice it yourself. What year is your donor fiero? And what year is your wiring harness and computer.
    The Fiero is a 1986 and the engine, harness and Computer are from a 1999 Buick Park Avenue

Dave, I've got the Helm manual for the 88 Fiero. It's close to the 86 (unless you want to order one for your self at helminc.com) I can get some wiring docs together for you from my 88 manual. Was your 86 an automatic or manual originally? It matters because the starter silenoid wires are different between the two. Also was your 86 an auto or manual originally? That matters because the reverse light is wired differently. Anyway, I also have a 99 Helm book. It's for the buick I believe. I've been wanting to scan these things into PDF anyway.

Dave, I've got the Helm manual for the 88 Fiero. It's close to the 86 (unless you want to order one for your self at helminc.com) I can get some wiring docs together for you from my 88 manual. Was your 86 an automatic or manual originally? It matters because the starter silenoid wires are different between the two. Also was your 86 an auto or manual originally? That matters because the reverse light is wired differently. Anyway, I also have a 99 Helm book. It's for the buick I believe. I've been wanting to scan these things into PDF anyway.
    The Buick engine is 1999, the Fiero, at least what is remaining of the car is 1986, Originally Automatic. Thanks for your offer to help with this information. I can hook up one or two wires without directions, but there are 163 in this harness and I feel I should use some schematics.

I payed cash to have my harness done.
    You're a better man than I!

Why would you use a N/A 3800 instead of blown? Adding a turbo?
    Hmmmmm. Where could the cooler be mounted?

Quote Originally Posted by dewey
    I payed cash to have my harness done.
    You're a better man than I!

Why would you use a N/A 3800 instead of blown? Adding a turbo?
    Hmmmmm. Where could the cooler be mounted?
    I selected the 3800 for two reasons. 1) I automate automotive manufacturing companies and purchased a new 3800 with only 96 mikes on it. The engineers told me that it is possible to get 400+ HP out of this engine. I will be happy with the 300HP range. 2) I have since then picked up a used turbo. Since then I acquired an intercooler, new exhaust components and removed my trunk area to allow plenty of room. After I get the wiring completed, I will begin the installation of the turbo.

Dave

Dave,
    I could use a schematic for my set up as well, I have a 3800 SC out of a 97 grand prix and my car is a 1987 GT originally with a 5-speed!!

Dave,go to DOHCFIERO.com I heard that there is a weilth of information there.

Re: 3800 to Fiero wiring harness

I still have no power to my fuel pump. Is there some relay that closes the circuit to the pump to get the darn thing to run?