Thread: LS1 to audi questions......I know, I know, same old questions...Please help! alt

LS1 to audi questions......I know, I know, same old questions...Please help! alt

I know I know...the same old questions...Ive done alot of searching but still need some help. (Im going tranny shopping tomorrow) anyways does kennedy make an adapter to bolt this tranny (1984 to 1988 Audi 5000 Front Wheel Drive. Turbo, non-turbo, diesel,) to an LS1? or is it the same bolt pattern? also...who makes the steel stiffener plate? could I buy it from someone or do I have to get it custom made? And does the ring gear have to be swapped and all that good stuff, or does it sit in the right oreination? What other cars does this tranny come in? I heard a passat also....?and last but not least.......
    Is there an all out better transmission that I could use...say the porsche 915? thats maybe stronger and I wouldnt haev to worry about it breaking? what year and model, car and tranny? thanks all in advance1!!!!! your help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Re: LS1 to audi questions......I know, I know, same old questions...Please help! alt

PS.....going in a countach.

Re: LS1 to audi questions......I know, I know, same old questions...Please help! alt

i believe the 915 is stronger than the 016, i also belive the 016 came in audi,vw and porshe. the 915 will have to have the diff flipped in it. a current customer has one i installed in his countach. thier is a company in colorado i think that did all this work for him. even got racing gears put in it. nice little set up he has now.

KEP does not make an adapter for the LS1 to the 016 but I do. The 01E is a better choice or the 6-speed from the Boxster S/Cayman. The 915 is pretty good but needs the ring gear flipped and the gears are rather short for a V8 but there are different gear sets available but that is rather costly.

Quote Originally Posted by txbuilder
    KEP does not make an adapter for the LS1 to the 016 but I do. The 01E is a better choice or the 6-speed from the Boxster S/Cayman. The 915 is pretty good but needs the ring gear flipped and the gears are rather short for a V8 but there are different gear sets available but that is rather costly.
    I just picked up a 915....do you make an adapter for that set up..? LS1-915, clutch, flywheel, adapter, hardware, pilot?

I don't do the 915 at this time since KEP does them.

Thanks...i talked to kep today. It wasnt as expensive as I thought it would be...so ill prob order one from them