Thread: awd what if reverse irs diffs ?.

awd what if reverse irs diffs ?.

every one is trying to find a reverse roation tranny or transfer case but why not just get reverse rotation irs and ifs diff for an awd system and ideas on this ?.

Re: awd what if reverse irs diffs ?.

rear mounted engine lwts say ls1 with like t56 tranny with 4x4 transfer case then the front diff be reverse rotation and rear diff be reverse rotation for awd setup in a lambo replica for instance is this even possible.

what happens when you flip a lets say ford irs upside down and attach it wont it work for this setup ?.

you can flip diffs upside down, however that is not how they was designed to be used, thus in most diffs you could end up with lubrication issues and in some diffs it would be severe. other problem is the drive ratios. awd ratios are usually split with say a 30%, 40% or whatever in the front drive. 4wd is a 50/50 drive ratios.

allthou you are thinking correctly the straight drive transmissions are allot stronger than most of the transaxles out their when you compare them dollar to dollar. you can pick up a tranny 2500.00 that will handle anything you put in front of it, but to put transaxle that will handle the same will cost you an extra 10 grand.

i have been working with a local machine shop on coming up with a small lightweight transfer case to do just what you are looking at. problem is the cost i would have to make and sell like 15 of them to cover the cost of set and tooling to have this done. and in the replica word people just do not like spending money. if we was talking about the street/hot rod industry it would not be an issue. and it will always be like that until people quite buying from places with a poor reputation and low quality. until someone can actually get setup like say superformance or factory five, that is the way it will be.

yeagh after my posts i just relized that the normal lets say 60 rear 40 front would also be reversed to 60 front 40 rear and then i also noticed about the oil concerns when flipping diff upside down, spo who makes a normal transfer case that can handle the power of lets say ls3 what brands ?.

Someone who knows their way around transmissions can probably change the front to rear torque ratios.