Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil Dip Stick

Oil Dip Stick

Good day everyone, I was woundering if someone can tell me, if the oil dip stick in a 3.1L engine the same as the 2.8L engine? The same length and all. Thanks Felix

Re:Oil Dip Stick

I dont know,hope this helps.

Dohhhh,,,,,,,,,,double ,,,,,,,,,Dohhhhhhhh! 8)

I beleve that those dip sticks are interchangable, Although I am not 100% sure. Ill check into it for you, oh I have one here for a 2.8 if you need it.

Hi Trev, thanks. Can you measure the lenth of the stick? I have one from a 3.1L, but I don't think that it is long enough... because when I changed the oil and put 4L of oil in the pan and then checked the oil, it did not show on the stick... So I don't think that it is has long as the 2.8 stick.

I will measure it later tonight when I get back from work for you.

Thanks Trev, how's the car coming?

The dip stick is just under 25'' long, measuring just the flat piece not including the handel. I have got some progress on the car done this winter, lights / wiper / decklids exc. But It would have been nice to get more done though, but it has just been too cold. How is your car doing?.

WoW Trev, the dip stick from the 3.1L is 20 1/2". I knew there was something wrong, when I changed the oil. I put 4L in and it just touched the top of the dip stick.
    As for my car, all thats left is... hook up my park brake... I just finished 20 hrs of wet sanding and buffing the car. I used 600, 1200 and then 2000 paper....

Glad to hear you car is almost done, I cant wait to see some updated pics.