Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weld 15x13 Countach rims

Weld 15x13 Countach rims

I am looking into buying different rims for my Countach. I cannot find the specs/offsets for my current 15" Weld rims. I think the rears are 15x13", not sure about the front. I cannot replace the tires on the rears so I need to find replcaement 17s or so. My kit is a tube chassis, not a fiero and I think it is a 5x4.5 lug pattern. Does anyone know what the specs/offsets are on these rims? This is the same kit as mine and the same wheels. Mine is an AFI, not a Provo, but it is exactally like the one in the picture..
    Thanks!!

Re: Weld 15x13 Countach rims

Most likely your offset is 5x120mm or 5x4.75 rears being 15x12
    I have a set of brand new 25th wheels with tires brand new in correct sizes and backspacing

A set of 17" kinesis wheels forged 3 piece built for countach also new

and also a pair of rear replica steel wheels with fiberglass inserts used in great shape

Quote Originally Posted by redhammer

and also a pair of rear replica steel wheels with fiberglass inserts used in great shape
    mind sharing where you picked up those? It wouldn't do much good to have a pair if the matching fronts are unobtanium. ;D

There is member on kitcentral from Canada, Udo is his name, he has molds for the fronts. I believe will said it was under $200 for the fronts.

I have old Weld rims.
    Front: lug-centric; 5 x 4.75"; wheel backspacing= ~3 11/32"; max. wheel width (from flanges)= ~9"; OFFSET= ~ -1.15".

Rear: lug-centric; 5 x 4.5"; wheel backspacing= ~6 3/8"; max. wheel width (from flanges)= ~13"; OFFSET= ~ -1/8".

Well, they are 5x4.5, both front and rear. I had a mustang wheel at the shop and they fit both front and back.. That back rim/tire is friggin huge.. RedHammer, good lord do I want those Kinesis rims.. I would need a second mortgage however for the rims and tires! Thanks for the responses!!
    Brent

Redhammer, asking for your help. Hello, I'm Christian and just purchased a coutach 5000. The kit car has sat for a number of years and bring it back to life. Missing some things that I think you can help me on. First the white Lambo rims with inserts that you have, are they for sale? Also looking for the slight rounded glass and frames for the the doors. With out the real glass and rimes its just another kit you can spot a mile away. Im just getting started and do not know where to begin.
    Last edited by Christian; 05-30-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Cliffs custom fab can help with the frames. The glass is obtained from Pilkington UK at a cost of $750 plus shipping to the USA. No one else seems to want to make the side glass.

Grant

Take the tire off and measure the distance between the Center of one bolt stud to the Center of the nearest bolt stud (either to the right or left) in milameters mm. 5Xyour measurment here mm (most likley a round number).
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

Where may I pick up a set of Countach rims.