Thread: SBC in Countach replica

SBC in Countach replica

I searched but could not find an answer to this question.
    I know that a SBC with an Audi 5-speed will go longitudinally into a Diablo replica with a Fiero chassis, but with the Countach having about a 5" shorter wheelbase will it still fit without hitting the bulkhead?
    I have wanted to build a Countach replica for a long time now but the only thing I didn`t like was the fact that the windows wouldn`t roll down whereas in the Diablo you could make them roll down.
    But, I have sort of reevaluated that thinking in that I love the look of the Countach and I shouldn`t base my decision on windows.
    One last question for you guys with a Countach.
    It may seem silly, but what do you do when someone is trying to get your attention at a stop light to ask you a question about your car?
    Just lift the door a little?

Re: SBC in Countach replica

I've got a SBC with a 915 trans , tight but good fit . However mine is a tube car not a Fiero .
    As for people wanting to ask questions , smile and wave

I have a tube chassis as well on my Countach, and the SBC/914 tranny function as designed. I would like to upgrade to a G50 tranny or something stronger so I can treat it like a sports car! Peoples responses are comedy in these cars, they just stop and stare. It is hard to get out of a gas station as well.. Everyone wants to chat!

Quote Originally Posted by COUNTACHFAN
    One last question for you guys with a Countach.
    It may seem silly, but what do you do when someone is trying to get your attention at a stop light to ask you a question about your car?
    Just lift the door a little?
    You can have roll down lower portion of the windows in a replica. It's been done before. As far as what do you do? I keep the stereo turned up, the a/c cranked, look straight ahead and don't worry about gawkers that want to ask questions.

No roll down windows in mine, if I have to talk I just open the door, make sure the AC's good cause its a green house all the angled glass!!!!

Well. I have a Fiero chassis and an Audi 5-speed and after some measurements it looks like even with a 10-1/2 inch stretch for a Diablo the engine would just fit, so I`m betting that with a 5 inch stretch it would be too tight. I`m not real particular about an engine as a tranverse mounted 3800SC can put out some decent HP as the SBC. The thing I like about the SBC is that you can get a fairly exotic sound with 180 degree headers, but I`m not sure what kind of sound you can get with the 3800SC.

I'm putting a BMW V12 in my Countach replica, but to make it fit I'm going to have to cut the firewall, if you cut the firewall and of course reinforce it again around the area you cut, then you could probably fit this engine no problem

As for the roll down lower "toll" windows, you would need the frames Ged makes, allowing for this. We are already working on getting the rest of the glass made here in the states, we'll know more on that shortly. Right now my glass is being templated by Cliff for this purpose. Vintage glass in Georgia seem to be able to make all the glass we need for authentic curved side glass and curved windscreen as well.

Will

If it were me, I would do a 4.3 V6 motor. The 4.3 would give more room, better gas milage, and can be a very peppy motor. Although its far from sounding like a v12, it dont have that v8 rumble to it. Just a thought-