Thread: Need help from an experienced builder/fabricator for a custom project.

Need help from an experienced builder/fabricator for a custom project.

Hi, I'm looking to graft a widebody kit designed for a Toyota Supra (93-97) onto a 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse. I will pay if the price is reasonable for the help and guidance, as I am more than willing to learn and do the work... I've just never done anything like this before. I've had minimal experience with body work, and very little experience with fiberglass, but have sculpted extensively (clay etc). Please contact me if you are interested, and are in the Southern California (Orange County) area.

This is what I'm going for:
    http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL72.../396947564.jpg

There was someone else who was starting the project (based on the photoshopped image I made) and was supposed to give me a kit once it was completed (in return for some artwork/designs I did) but it was never completed from my understanding, so I figured I'd just get started on my own.
    http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL72.../396947676.jpg

I work as a 3d/CGI artist in the movie industry, my studio has just completed work on the Green Lantern, and I am currently working on Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, so the car will definitely get plenty of facetime around different studios/producers and the like, and I will be sure to offer appropriate credit and referrals for possible work for those interested, or exchange my talents and/or money for help. I can even put a decal or sticker on my car advertising the helper's shop or company. I'm just extremely interested in getting this done, as I've been wanting to do this for some time. Thank you.

Re: Need help from an experienced builder/fabricator for a custom project.

I see you got screwed over by Robert Stewart (aconcepts) Area51 Kustoms etc.

Even Funnier all the cars he claims he has a hand in. Includung the Canadian Supercar the HTT Plethore

http://area51nv.com/a51site/about.html

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47521730@N03/page4/

a complete fraud
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Well I'm not here to bad mouth anyone or discuss anyone's reputation, just to get something I want done. Everyone has opinions about others, but personally, I'd just rather not get involved in all that , I consider myself a simple person and would rather just stick to business. That black picture you posted is another one of my quick photoshop jobs when I was still trying to get an idea of which kit I wanted on my eclipse (both are from ABFlug, and designed for the Supra). So any referrals or opportunity for help? ;D

Like I said, I could pay for your time if you desire.

Thank you to those that responded via PM. Anyone else who is interested, please feel free to send me a message! Always looking for a good deal! Also, a reminder, I'm not so much looking for someone to do it for me, more so someone to guide/teach me how to do it as I am experienced in sculpting, both practically and digitally, but have never done a car... however, I'm open to the idea of someone taking the project on for themselves, and a price can be negotiated.

WOW Robert is still around? Still peddling the Elena GTR and now the Attack is a "New" car from Area 51.

But anyway I do like the look of that eclipse wide body kit

Yeah, I really like the kit on the supra, but somehow I like it better on the shorter frame of the Eclipse.