Thread: Diablo inner fenderwells

Diablo inner fenderwells

Will front Fiero inner fender wells fit decent on a DnR Roadster? I made my fenderwells out of some strips of flat thin aluminum and sprayed them with undercoating but Im having trouble with them. They look great but the fronts rub a bit on the top of the tire and they rumble going down the highway. I was wondering if the Fiero fenderwells can be altered to fit, or is there another application to get some from?
    Thanks!

Re: Diablo inner fenderwells

You said the fender wells rumble? What does that mean? Could the rumble be the aluminum fluttering because of the air flowing through the vents in the front of the body. Do you have vents in the front part of the inner fender well just in front of the tire. If not, vented air coming from the air inlets may hit the inner fender well and cause it to vibrate and transfer the vibration to the chassis.
    I have an IFG w/ American Super cars chassis and mine showed signs of rubbing on the upper part of the inner fender well. If you remove the fender well is there some structural part that would prevent you from making the fender well larger? I had to modify my chassis to give more room. I also made my fender wells out of black 1//16 PVC.

Dennis

Yeah its just the aluminum moving from the air coming from up underneath the car. If I cant find some fenderwells from a existing car that will work I will remake some out of plastic. My local hotrod shop has a roll of that black plastic that would work good, I should have used it from the begining. I just found some of that aluminum in my garage left over from another project and thought it would work.... Fail :-[......

I made mine out of 1/8" ABS plastic sheet. It too was rubbing on the top so I cut out the section that was rubbing and bonded a larger piece to the top side to give some extra room.
    You can heat the ABS and make it change the shape too if you do some practicing.

take measurments on your car , go to a junk yard with your measure tape, you will be surprised what you will find, for about 10.0 bucks0