Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: f430 Windscreen and door glass

f430 Windscreen and door glass

Hi there i am going to be building a ferrari f430 coupe replica soon, and i dont know what to do about the glass. The kit is molded off of a genuine ferrari and is 100% accurate. I dont want to spend thousands on real windscreens and windows. anyone know what the best windscreen to trim down and use is?? Also are there any door glasses that would work? the donor car is a 1995 toyota mr2.
    Thanks!
    Sean

Re: f430 Windscreen and door glass

I have the same queation! I am goint to use a peugeot 406 as a base..

The doors have to be shortened.. so the peugeot glass isn't going to fit anymore. As most builders may know door and quarter windows cant be cut ... the problem is that plexiglass is prohibited where I come from... besides that I dont like plexiglass in my kit..

So i allso would like to know what windows might fit..

thanx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by dman1409

The doors have to be shortened.. so the peugeot glass isn't going to fit anymore. As most builders may know door and quarter windows cant be cut ... the problem is that plexiglass is prohibited where I come from... besides that I dont like plexiglass in my kit..

thanx in advance
    If im not mistaken, on the Extreme kit the peugeot door glass is used. its just re positioned

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Z

thanx in advance

If im not mistaken, on the Extreme kit the peugeot door glass is used. its just re positioned
    The doors have to be cut... so the windows becom to big.. that is the problem.. the kit comes with plexiglass windows which are not allowed where i come from ..

Might have an idea for the rear window... a sunroof... cut it in the right shape and mount it on...

This sunroof is from a peugeot 5008... don't have a clue if it will fit but its to give an idea of what i mean..

This is an OEM f430 rear window..

I'm wondering if you can cut these type of windows like you can cut a windscreen.. if so, I can search a sunroof with acceptable curve and size to fit in the rear..
    That window is on ebay for like 2500. worth the efford to review other options i'd say..

Anyone have any ideas?!?!

Might have an idea for the rear window... a sunroof... cut it in the right shape and mount it on...

This sunroof is from a peugeot 5008... don't have a clue if it will fit but its to give an idea of what i mean..

This is an OEM f430 rear window..

I'm wondering if you can cut these type of windows like you can cut a windscreen.. if so, I can search a sunroof with acceptable curve and size to fit in the rear..
    That window is on ebay for like 2500. worth the efford to review other options i'd say..

Anyone have any ideas?!?!

Im pretty sure that a sunroof glass would be way to small. Macgyver says that on the 430 coupe you use lexan for the back window.

that window was just to show an example of a sunroof..to let know where I'm talking about heheh trick is to find one with an oversize and a realistic curve.. would be awesome to allso have glass at the back... ;D

Have you got a link or anything like that so i can see what the lexan stuff is all about?!

Lexan is just a clear polycarbonate substance that would work well as the back glass.

Contact Don Ostergard (on this site) he knows everyone!

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Dman et al.

Not sure how much you are willing to spend or how much time you are willing to pUt into the design but wbnemo1 on here got front and side and quarter glass from a fellow in England. You might be able to contact him and see if he will build a set of molds from your kit and make all your glass. I am getting new 355 screens done in Vancouver but my guy can't do the tempered glass that your side and rear windows would need.

Making the molds would not be hard if you had the kit and then you send those to the guy and he bends the glass and then tempers and laminates the bent glass into the right pieces.

As for other windows, try looking at cars like the Hyundai Tiberon or nissans and their side windows may be close to a 430. Not sure though.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV