Thread: What to use for the Murcielago light.

What to use for the Murcielago light.

Hey all.....where can I get the orange light from the Murcielago headlight assembly? It's the square orange one on top and the small ball light which is the turn signal I believe. I'd post pics but I can't sorry.

Re: What to use for the Murcielago light.

If you have a Pilot truck stop in your area (or any other truck stop) go to the accessory area and check out the truck and trailer lights that they sell. I found several different style lights there and ended up buying a really nice set of LED rectangular lights that look astonishing close to those inside the Murci headlights.

You probably know this all ready but the Murci headlights are sealed units that have everything inside them and you can't buy the OEM parts separately.

Chris

Thanks No Bull,

Also, what did you use for the turn signal? Did you use any special type of LED bulb??? or did you just do a regular style filament type bulb. Thanks.

I think I used a large LED that I bought on Ebay.

I was in Wal-Mart today and I looked in their automotive section and seen some lights that might work. The selection was limited however they had a couple styles that looked like they were for trailers.

Good luck with your headlights, they can be challenging to get right.

Chris

Be careful using LED lights for turn signals and such if you are using a GM car. I replaced mine with LED's in the front and suddenly everything went haywire with the turn signals and running lights. I don't fully understand it, but they somehow wire it so power or ground has to travel back through the filament of the bulb for something. I just know my turn signals wouldn't work and both indicators on the dash were always lit up. My angel eyes would blink, it was crazy.
    Someone here can explain it better than me I'm sure. Probably a resistor or something can be put somewhere, IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrcilgo
    Be careful using LED lights for turn signals and such if you are using a GM car. I replaced mine with LED's in the front and suddenly everything went haywire with the turn signals and running lights. I don't fully understand it, but they somehow wire it so power or ground has to travel back through the filament of the bulb for something. I just know my turn signals wouldn't work and both indicators on the dash were always lit up. My angel eyes would blink, it was crazy.
    Someone here can explain it better than me I'm sure. Probably a resistor or something can be put somewhere, IDK.
    you have to use electonic fashers in the fuse box,or you can get a adapter to put more load on the flashers to get them to work right.cant remember what it is called,most of your led light stores sell them.

john

The light you are looking for is actually just a lens, with a reflector pocket and lamp behind it. Its not the turn signal, its the running light. The turn signal is the round pocket (recess) where a bulb sits.
    To make the running light, I mounted an amber reflector lens (available at auto part stores) to the backside of the headlight brow piece. Behind that, I mounted a lamp in a pocket glassed into the fiberglass bucket. Its done the same way as the OEM, and makes it easy to change the bulb from behind,

Quote Originally Posted by Murci-Mike
    The light you are looking for is actually just a lens, with a reflector pocket and lamp behind it. Its not the turn signal, its the running light. The turn signal is the round pocket (recess) where a bulb sits.
    To make the running light, I mounted an amber reflector lens (available at auto part stores) to the backside of the headlight brow piece. Behind that, I mounted a lamp in a pocket glassed into the fiberglass bucket. Its done the same way as the OEM, and makes it easy to change the bulb from behind,
    Thank you....yeah I was aware that the turn signal was the little bulb in that round "pocket". Thanks for letting me in on how to make that running light.

I'm just filled with questions I know and here is one more....For the headlights....what size light do I use for the LowBeam lights and HighBeam lights. CKI says P6 and P1...but when I looked at the measurements I'm not sure they will fit my Headlight rings. I don't want to order them and they don't fit the Headlight rings. What did you all use??

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

this is what Steve sent with the first kit i got from him they are on ebay, find these
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!