Thread: Can anyone take a measurment off an older OEM Murci taillight for me?

Can anyone take a measurment off an older OEM Murci taillight for me?

I'm working on reverse engineering some 2010 LP640 taillights.
    Another builder has entrusted me with his taillights while he's building his car.
    I am currently digitizing the lens to make an exact mold.
    I also want to create the rest of the light to resemble the LP640 light as close as possible.
    But, I want to take it a step further and make it thin enough to be installed in place of the older Murci style lights. The older lights are not as deep as the newer ones.
    What I need to know is how much less deep are the older style lights. If someone has the older OEM light and could provide a measurement or 2, I would really appreciate it!

Re: Can anyone take a measurment off an older OEM Murci taillight for me?

im not sure of the measurement. but i do know for a fact that the older style lights to the 640 lights have different mounts. alot different at that. i would think it would be easier to offer a mounting flange for the newer lights to go into the older quarters. if i am remembering correctly the outer quarter panel area (the area that you can see) is constant where the back of lights and mounting area is different. good luck..... if you can get them accurate for the 640 and the way it mounts, im in for a couple sets.

have a good one
    cliff

Good info.
    I plan on making them with the same mounting holes as these stock LP640 lights that I have. I just want to make them thin enough to be able to be installed in place of the older lights without too much modifying. What I have heard is that the newer lights are deeper and require hacking out the car more to be able to fit them in where the older OEM lights would go.
    Plus, The more compact I can make them, the better (I think).

Thanks!

I have a pair of the early Murci Lights. I will get you all the info you need but please have patience with me. My Mother-in-Law passed away, we are in the process of making funeral arrangements and once things settle down I will get detail info for you. Hopefully by next week.

Quote Originally Posted by CCIE
    I have a pair of the early Murci Lights. I will get you all the info you need but please have patience with me. My Mother-in-Law passed away, we are in the process of making funeral arrangements and once things settle down I will get detail info for you. Hopefully by next week.
    Sorry about your loss.
    Much appreciated, just let me know.
    Thanks

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

find a picture of a Extreme or AD rear quarters with the tail light blank built into it , there is a support across the bottom it gets cut out an their is some extra return on the 2002 fenders above the tail light it gets removed the outer plug pin is re position an the LP light will fit ,they have a 2 or 3 page write up with pictures on Lambo Power
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Did you ever get the measurements you needed? I have a pair of the older style murci lights that I can measure up for you if you need... Any progress on the headlight rings? I need a set baaaaad!!!