Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how to make the murci seats?

Hybrid View

how to make the murci seats?

does anyone have any pics of how to make the murci seats with the fiberglass headrests. pics of where to cut. how your attaching the top piece. and during and after pics of the upholstry. thanks. if it matters ill be using the same headrests as jets uses on his build. thanks boys :P

Re: how to make the murci seats?

Bottom of page 2
    Top of page 3
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/12375974@N06/page2/

http://www.supercarreplica.com/photo...nterior/seats/

I just cut the headrest off and used 1/4-20 rivet nuts on the back of the seat (two per side).
    I filled the headrest with minimal expanding foam to hold it all together then went around the edge seam with one layer of fiberglass cloth and resin.
    Those are the only pics I took when working on them. They had not been fiberglassed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrcilgo

I just cut the headrest off and used 1/4-20 rivet nuts on the back of the seat (two per side).
    I filled the headrest with minimal expanding foam to hold it all together then went around the edge seam with one layer of fiberglass cloth and resin.
    Those are the only pics I took when working on them. They had not been fiberglassed yet.
    How much did those seats cost you to get upholstered?

Quote Originally Posted by Jets303
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrcilgo

How much did those seats cost you to get upholstered?

Just to compare once you get the answer form him on the cost- I had a estimate done for my Diablo seats and it was going to cost me $980.00 for 2 seats. That was with leather on just where you sit, sides and back was faux leather. 100% leather covering was going to be almost $1500, could have got the whole seat done in faux leather for $660.00 for the two. But the guy had enough of faux leather left over from another job so it was going to be a little cheaper. That price included new foam also but these were raw DnR fiberglass seat shells.

Hey thanks, Im just trying to get a better idea as to what that would run me when the time comes.

It cost me 1400-something for the labor to cover the seats, complete dash and grab handle. I supplied the vinyl. I don't know how that was broken down. Some people keep every every receipt for their build, I don't. So that's probably not too helpful for ya, sorry :-[

Quote Originally Posted by lambochik
    does anyone have any pics of how to make the murci seats with the fiberglass headrests. pics of where to cut. how your attaching the top piece. and during and after pics of the upholstry. thanks. if it matters ill be using the same headrests as jets uses on his build. thanks boys :P
    I know a builder who has recently bought new replica seats similar to these in the picture... i think they were around 300 euro each... If you want I can check out here he bought them... let me know..

Cheers

i was thinkin of what tallon was saying, but a lil different. i was gonna use an ebay racing seat and put the fiberglass headrest on it. but i dont know how it would look.

i have just found a source for the reclining mech. for the 640 seats. i had run across a bare set and have jiged them up. so very soon i will have a steel framed replica seat to offer. anyone interested drop me a line