Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats an alternative suspension that will work for me....? Thanks in advance!

whats an alternative suspension that will work for me....? Thanks in advance!

Im getting ready to start on my tube chassis (EW countach)and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on an alternate suspension i could use (IRS,IFS) ect that would fit inside the 15x12 ,15.8 oe wheels other than the c4 with spacers....? The wheels bolt up to the vette hubs (with spacer) and the rear is fine with a small spacer but the front turning raduis will be too much with a 1" spacer and the zero offset of the wheel.. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: whats an alternative suspension that will work for me....? Thanks in advance!

well i have not looked into it yet, but allen and me discussed using the mustang two front set up. if i understood him right it has the same front track width. as far as the rear goes i would use the chassis works set up. if you use his rear clip you can actually narrow the frame rails up by 4 inches (2 on each side) and get pretty darn close to the mark. if you are concerned about the handling of the rear you might need to move the points alittle, but honestly in the rear i would not mess with it. i would be more concerned with the front.

Re: whats an alternative suspension that will work for me....? Thanks in advance!

Thanks Cliff....u know the bolt pattern of the mustang II hubs right off..? and does this mean the complete front assembly (like an all new aftermarket one) would have the same track as the original withe the original wheels mounted to it? thanks again

Not sure about the BP but the viper suspension that Viper10 has would work nicely

Idk if those huge brakes would fit inside the 15" countach wheels... The standard vette barely fit with a spacer...

I use the Mustang II a lot and you can modify it for what ever track width you want. I just add extensions to the inner tie rod end to make it wider or you can make longer a-arms and extend the tie rods. You can also fit whatever size rotors you want and drill them for the bolt pattern your wheels are.

what years are the mustang II? so I can search for parts..Thanks

'74-'78 Mustang or '74-'80 Pinto or Bobcat. They are getting hard to find in the salvage yards but all the parts are available on ebay or the street rod suppliers.

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Bottlefed
    whay years are the mustang II? so I can search for parts..Thanks
    Look for street rod stuff. Many mfg's of aftermarket kits for Mustang II stuff. They have adjustable kits you just weld in for whatever track you wish. Also they make all kinds of spindles for different hubs...as in ford...chevy.