Thread: Building a NAERC Chassis need advice

Building a NAERC Chassis need advice

hello everyone , I am building a Naerc chassis at school in shop and wanted to know where i can get a kit to fit it and if there are any build threads of kits with the same chassis.. thanks in advance Luke

Re: Building a NAERC Chassis need advice

A good place for you to start for build diaries would be kwikercars.com (Jim Dinner's site) and lambobuilder.com (Dale Van Blokland's site). Jim built a NAERC roadster with replica chassis and Dale a NAERC 6.0 with replica chassis. Both were exceptional builds. There are lots of great pictures on both sites.

As to where to get a kit to fit directly on it I'm not sure. NAERC is out of business now but perhaps someone on here knows who has their molds now. I believe they were made in British Columbia.
    There are other bodies available that would fit with mods to the chassis. They are just a bit harder to find now.
    Do you want a Diablo coupe or roadster? I guess a murcielago body would work to. A bit more info of what you want to build might help .
    Hopefully some of the more knowledgeable guys will chime in with some advice for you.

first of all thanks for the information, i really want a coupe seeing that i live in the southeastern US and it rains a lot here along with snow and any other bad weather that comes around... i would love for us to build a murcielago but if there is too many mods to do i would rather just do a Diablo..Luke

Hi Luke, I make Diablo kit for the Naerc Chassis. here are some links of the cars I make with my kit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj5qKBCu12Q
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_hVK5paVUQ
    And this video of the Naerc chassis I built will give you good ideas how to built yours:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtF03qQ8VsY
    I sell kit stage 1 with complete body kit and interior and engine cover included
    And stage 2 includes stage 1 plus all CF interior and exterior parts you see on my videos.
    You cam email me at marcelo@scuderiamarinelli.com.br

Do a research on my reputation, and be cautious with cheap stuff. Do a good research.
    regards,
    Marcelo

Quote Originally Posted by daseone2005
    first of all thanks for the information, i really want a coupe seeing that i live in the southeastern US and it rains a lot here along with snow and any other bad weather that comes around... i would love for us to build a murcielago but if there is too many mods to do i would rather just do a Diablo..Luke
    Luke, I am not sure if you are aware of the amount of work required to make these dreams into real cars but there will be a LOT of mods to make any of the cars work on a tube chassis. If you want a Murci, go for it it will be quite a bit more expensive than the Diablo because of things like lights and guages etc... Marcelo has one of the more complete kits out there that is of excellent quality (from what I have seen). So you cant go wrong there

Was wondering.. where does NAERC stands for?

Cheers

Personally im a fan of the countach and diablo..The countach has been my dream car since jr high....but thats just my opinion, Anyways, I started a my countach project on just dedication and an average salary, and have gotton quite far. Im by no means rich, but I do, do alot of things my self, and if theres a will theres a way!!! Follow your dreams and move forward! Tube chassis FTW!

i actually just chose this chassis because i found the plans online and asked my instructor what he thought and he said it would be a great project to do and if i needed any help what so ever he and the assistants would help me out, this is the first time for me attempting anything this big so im pretty excited to be able to start it, i like the diablo and murci if its easier to mount the diablo then i just might do that for my first, i will be talking to the auto body instructor after i complete the chassis and suspension.. thanks for the ideas and wish me luck please i will most definitely need it....Like