Thread: Murci rear trunk pics

Murci rear trunk pics

I'm working on my rear trunk area and deciding where to locate my hinges, latch, etc... and have noticed differences between other kits and also differences with the oem. Does anyone have pics of the trunk area of their builds, or even some detailed pics of what an oem murcielago trunk looks like?

Re: Murci rear trunk pics

The OEM Murcielago doesnt have a rear trunk, that piece is permenant only the spoiler moves.

oooooooohhhhhhh. :P i didnt know that. that makes total sense now.

Since the Fiero has a trunk back there and we aren't packing a V12, the rear panel that holds the spoiler can be hinged and made into a rear trunk lid (I'm building mine like this and using 2002 Corvette hinges). On the original car, under this section is where the exhaust is kept and this space would be unsuitable for a storage compartment. Under this panel is also where the dual linear actuators are located for the spoiler.

One thing I did find out is that if you have a G28, you can use an OEM spoiler on this panel since the modeled in spoiler is exactly the same size. I bought a used one from Ebay (Carbon Fiber) for around $300 which is probably as much as I'd have building a decent looking spoiler from the molded in fiberglass panel.

Wish I had pictures to share however I just took everything back apart again to take my body back off the frame for more fitting.

Chris

Wow, I guess that explains why I could never find any pics of an 'open' trunk. Hey Jets, didnt you make yours hinged also? I know that you had a really nice framework built back there for your center grill piece above the license.

What about anyone else, did they hinge theirs and if so do you have any pics?

im gonna hinge mine. i had a small question. i saw a few pics after the stretch of the pontiac, the motor is really far back from the firewall part. what does everyone use that huge gap for. heck it looks like u could fit a spare tire in most of them.

I put my intercooler there. I think that I could have put it in the trunk too. However I put all my electrics in the trunk so that the firewall could stay cleaner looking.

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

ues a pr. of BMW 328 Rear Trunk hinges, shocks are made on the hinges ,they will work on the front trunk too

L P G28 DOOR SHOCKS AN HINGES FOR TRUNK

2pr. - BMW 328 Sedan Trunk Hinges strut shock made on them for front an rear trunk

1pr. mighty lift hatchback for engine cover
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RV-Ma...item336a0f2e4c

1pr. doors 180-190 lbs depending on your inner door frame weight , total lenght 20-21" long an 8-9" stroke opening an closing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-ea-...item19c743d7ef

better picture so simple yet fully functional an compact

Quote Originally Posted by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER
    this the pair he looking for they fit the G28 lp long side 12" including bend 3" wide by 1/4" thick / mount side 3" wide by 4" long by 1/4" thick Print pic. an make them

who make these i was told they are $250.00
    having 10 pr. made
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!