Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: These are a must...! Where do I find these...?

These are a must...! Where do I find these...?

I've been browsing alot of YouTube videos and I must say I love the sound...! But I'm having a problem finding them...I have to have these 180* headers... Who makes them? Where do I get them? Thanks in advance...

Re: These are a must...! Where do I find these...?

Those are homemade. Since they are 180 deg it is virtually impossible to buy them ready made to fit.
    There are some companies that make them but I'll bet they're expensive.

hey jimmy, those are custom made, you will almost have to make them yourself, i have a company not to far from me that makes them pieces for cup teams and other apps. very very nice work. all you have to do is assemble and weld. that is where i am going to get the bmw v12 header stuff done at. ill try and get over their next week and get you some info if your interested. they have made so many sets of headers that they might even be able to through you a price. email me a couple of them pics and ill take them over to them and see what i cant do for you.

What is the youtube link? 8)

THAT'S no expensive! If they had a set like that for the 2.8/3.4 I'd be all over them for that price!

Quote Originally Posted by cliffscustomfab
    hey jimmy, those are custom made, you will almost have to make them yourself, i have a company not to far from me that makes them pieces for cup teams and other apps. very very nice work. all you have to do is assemble and weld. that is where i am going to get the bmw v12 header stuff done at. ill try and get over their next week and get you some info if your interested. they have made so many sets of headers that they might even be able to through you a price. email me a couple of them pics and ill take them over to them and see what i cant do for you.
    Thansk Cliff......Ill do that! Greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by sactodreamer
    THAT'S no expensive! If they had a set like that for the 2.8/3.4 I'd be all over them for that price!

@Jdinner.......Im sure they are expensive. I expect to pay

@Aplindier...... Just search corvette 180* headers. Work computer, no you tube

@Sactodreamer......Those are cheap!, but they dont look like very high quallity

This is what it sounds like when you have all 8 into 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOw7B5NC5Hk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQsvDrohHk

From what I understand the way to make 180* headers is to take the firing order on your engine and divide it in the middle. Then place the second half of the firing order under the first half.
    Example: 1,8,4,3,6,5,7,2 becomes
    This way the firing impulses from the cylinders on the top row are exactly 180* of engine rotation away from the number under it in the second row. This applies to any even number of cylinders. (If you are running three or five cylinders fuggetaboutit!)
    Make the header pipes equal in length and join those two pipes together into the collector. Example: Join pipes 1 & 6, 8 & 5, 4 & 7, 3 & 2. The exhaust pulse running through the pipe will not interfere with other pulse when they join in the collector and will help pull the following exhaust with it because they are 180* of engine rotation away from each other.
    I also hear that an "X" pipe will do much the same. That system, with equal length pipes, uses the junction of the "X" to place the exhaust pulses so that they allow the exhaust to take the path of least resistance when it leaves the "X". That will improve the sound as well.
    Making the header pipes equal length is important. If they are not, the pulses will not reach their junction at the proper time with one taking a "short cut".
    Good info can be found at: http://headersbyed.com/
    Maybe others can add their expertise on this subject.

RT