Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheel adapters from Fiero to Lambo diablo rim?

Wheel adapters from Fiero to Lambo diablo rim?

Hi, new guy here on this site, I've posted a few things on kitcentral.com, but this site seems like it gets a little more traffic.

I also posted this in the Mall section of this site, but I thought it might be seen or better suited to the technical section?

Question on spacers and adapters. I just picked up a project his weekend. IFG Diablo VT kit, fiero chassis and supposedly, stock Diablo rims? Rims look to be Lamborghini, just stopped over at the tire shop and had my buddy get the specs off them for me.

Rear - 335/35 ZR 17 - 13" wide rim - 8 1/2" backspace.

Front - 235/40 ZR17 - 8 1/2" wide rim - 7 1/4" backspace.

Like I said, I was told these were stock diablo rims. Guy had adapters at one time, but sold them. He told me he had 5 lug - 100mm to 5 lug - 120 mm / 2" space for the front, 3" space on the rear.

Pic I just took a few minutes ago with the blueberry...

https://picasaweb.google.com/mattbeanpole/Lambo

Another question, stud length....anything special there? I spoke to Adaptitusa.com this morning and said they widest they make is a 2.3", they would not make a 3"

Does this sound right, or do you guys need more info? I would like post pics, but don't see an upload option on this site?

Thanks, Matt

Re: Wheel adapters from Fiero to Lambo diablo rim?

Sorry, I think had a broken link. You can clink on this, few pics I took this afternoon. Still in the trailer from last night when I got home. You can click on the tires to enlarge if you want a closer look.

https://picasaweb.google.com/mattbeanpole/Lambo#

I needed a 3" spacer in front and a 2" spacer in rear when i tried OEM diablo wheels on my fiero. There are companies that make 3" spacers custom made. The only bad thing is the wider the spacer/adaptor, the more pressure applied to wheel berrings.

Quote Originally Posted by lambo4242
    I needed a 3" spacer in front and a 2" spacer in rear when i tried OEM diablo wheels on my fiero. There are companies that make 3" spacers custom made. The only bad thing is the wider the spacer/adaptor, the more pressure applied to wheel berrings.
    That might be right, he bought this kit in 1995 ish, so he may have just gotten the front and rear reversed. I got a hold of adaptitusa today, they make a 2.3". He said they wouldn't do a 3" because of the vibration. Did you actually bolt these spacers up to your car? If yes, how did it ride? Who did you get them through?

Thanks, Matt

I would suggest that you get the lengthened control arms, not only will the extra length kill your wheel bearings but it will change your scrub radius and cause kick back in your steering when you hit bumps, make your turn radius larger, etc.... You will wish that you had bought the arms if you go with spacers on the front

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianBurton
    I would suggest that you get the lengthened control arms, not only will the extra length kill your wheel bearings but it will change your scrub radius and cause kick back in your steering when you hit bumps, make your turn radius larger, etc.... You will wish that you had bought the arms if you go with spacers on the front
    Ok, thanks. Do you have a link or company that sells these? I'm not new to cars, but I am new to the lambo replica world. I guess that's why I'm here, get all this good info!

Another question. I will steel need an adapter, so do you get control arms that are lengthened 1.5" and then get a 1.5" adapter? Also, can the stock control arms be lengthened. I have a TIG and MIG welder, fairly proficient in both.

Thanks, Matt

Nevermind on the lengthening..I see that there stamped.

I guess my next question is how wide would I go with the widetrack? I still would need spacers for my Diablo rims, looks like the minimum thickness for a spacer would be 1.25" to adapt to the fiero hub. So, if I still need to get my wheels out 3" do I ask for 3.5" wide track, 1.75" per side?

I'm learning as I go along...even more questions! Is there anything special on the lambo rim as far as lug bolts or nuts? I know it's a 5 lug / 120mm. Not sure if it takes a lug nut or lug bolt?

Matt

Attached Images Attached Images  

did you ever figure out how to mount the oem lambo rims?Are you running stock fiero suspension?.