Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G24 Murci windshield - not Maxima

G24 Murci windshield - not Maxima

I've got one of the older g24 roadsters and I picked up a 96 maxima windshield yesterday, and it's not even close. It's about 4 inches too wide at the top, and doesnt have the same curvature. I kinda looked through old threads in here and Murci-Me said that a maxima windshield DOESNT fit the G24's, he said that it's a toyota windshield, but didnt say what model or year. He said that the later G24's and G28's use a Maxima windshield, but not mine. Does anyone know what windshield it might be?

Re: G24 Murci windshield - not Maxima

g24 uses diablo windshield

Damn, a diablo windshield is going to cost a hellova lot more than a Toyota windshield. Are you positive about this? Are there any other options? How crazy would it be to modify my windshield frame to accept the Maxima windshield since I have to build structure behind it anyway?

AGP makes a Diablo windshield that's pretty reasonable

Either an after market diablo windshield or rebuilding my windshield frame to fit the maxima windshield sounds a little more feasible financially, but it would be nice if there was a OEM windshield that would fit. Maybe I'll go the junkyard with a tape measure and see if there's a car that might be a little closer. I wish I knew if that Toyota windshield would work.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

You could attempt to use the cut windshield process MacGyver detailed for us in his thread. If you already have a windshield that doesn't fit, it's not going to evolve into one that does anytime soon and unless you have a Maxima to use it on as a spare, you may as well try cutting it the exact way MacGyver described. If it doesn't work out, you're still in the same place you are now....needing a windshield. If it does, remember, we work for tips. ;D ;D

The Maxima windshield WILL NOT fit on any G24. The Maxima is only for the G28's. Off-hand, I do not know which windshield will fit the G24, but I will find out for you.

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

not sure without Measurements across the top an bottom ,down the sides , some companies were using a 96 or 97 Honda Accord windshield not sure if it was a coupe or sadan

just talked to Steve he said he cut the sides an some of the bottom off a Maxima but this opening look like a Top Gun Diablo replica .....need measuements
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

I just talked to Steve as well ( the developer of the g 24). he said you have to use the nissan maxima windshield and cut it. there are several ways to cut the windshield, sandblasting is easiest. it's always been my experience though that when you cut a windshield, it's not a matter of if it's going to crack but just a matter of when its going to crack. I know a guy who has a G24 and he has replaced the windshield 7 times over the last 5 years.

There is a guy on kit central from el paso who is selling all of the diablo glass for $650.