Thread: new member with a few questions

new member with a few questions

Hi everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Andrew I'm 22 and from Chicago. I've been into kit cars since I was about 15-16 years old. The questions I have are regarding 82-92 f-bodies (camaro/firebirds.) I have a 87 formula, as well as an 87 iroc. I know the kit available is the evoluzione, and the kit that resembles a testarossa...somewhat. Now I'm wondering how difficult it would be to fit a 355 kit to it? Any and all input will be appreciated.

Re: new member with a few questions

The main problem is the windshield on those cars IMO. One of the reasons that exotic cars look so good is because the base of the windshield is almost on top of the front wheel giving the car a very aggressive "cab forward look".

Even though the Camaros and Firebirds are very low for American cars they are way too tall to look like exotics. Meaning, the top of the dash pad and firewall make it very hard to disguise them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo_oU...eature=related

This is a modified 4th gen but it's a similar problem with the third gens too IMO

another "example"

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/hi...e-bodykit.html

Lot's of info on that thread the further down you go.

I understand what you mean especially with that merci. As for the Machiavelli kit by henderson, that's kinda what made me want to try the 355. I mean the 308 look is cool, just not really for me. although it has crossed my mind to almost mix the kits together. Like the Machiavelli (308) rear with maybe a little bit of modernization, the testarossa style side skirts (which would give it more of a 355 look) but I'm unsure of what to do with the front end. I thought about maybe a testarossa Koenig style front lights. However front bumper is still lost for me