Thread: Dedicated turn signal wire? amber lens.

Dedicated turn signal wire? amber lens.

SO now i see why the last owner had wires ran up to the front of the car for the turn signals. The yellow wire for the turn signal is a dual action wire. DAMN GMs!! (Yukon GT was the same way for my add on third brake lgt) Is there any other way I can run the turn signal without it coming on when I brake also? Logic boxes are not easy to find and have never worked right of me anyways and running wires from the front turn signals is gaudy. What have you guys done in the past when using amber turn signals.. Thanks

Re:Dedicated turn signal wire? amber lens.

well wouldnt you know it.. I post to the kit car forum then do a deeper search and VOLLA theres my answer to all my fussing and fighting for the last hour. All you have to do is pull the white wire off the brake switch under the dash. WOO HOO.. On to the next task! L8
    PS thanks larry!!!

Ok, so the best I can remember how I did the tail light wiring on my 308 kit was this.

I replaced the stock fiero bulb sockets with molex connectors (I put matching connectors on the tail light wiring).

When I got the whole thing hooked up for the first time, I was excited. VOILA! We have lights YEAH!!

Thats when I noticed, Hmmm something doesnt look right. I got reverse lights and I got park lights and I got brake lights except when you hit the brake pedal you got red brake lights and you also have yellow turn signals as well. DARN!

So my fix was this. Left all the tail lights connected except for the red brake lights, these I disconnected from the stock fiero wiring harness. I then ran a 8 or 10 guage wire directly from the brake pedal switch, ran it through a drilled hole behind the drivers seat in the firewall using a rubber grommet to insulate it, came out into the wiring harness that runs by the gas fill area, put that wire in the factory harness to hide it and came out at the tail lights.
    This wire runs the red brake lights directly from the brake pedal switch.
    Now my park lights work, turn signals go blink and the brake lights come on when you want but no yellow brake lights LOL

Pretty easy, eh?

Marty

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Draggin
    well wouldnt you know it.. I post to the kit car forum then do a deeper search and VOLLA theres my answer to all my fussing and fighting for the last hour. All you have to do is pull the white wire off the brake switch under the dash. WOO HOO.. On to the next task! L8
    PS thanks larry!!!
    Well,,,,,that wasn't the exact fix. I ran a wire from the switch to the rear brakes bulbs. Then I removed the white wire from the flasher circuit by unhooking it at the plug under the steering column. Let me know if this is not clear. Did your brakes still light after you unhooked the wire? 8)

Nahh I already had that wire ran for the rears but at least now I dont have to have the wires run to the front of the car. The last owner only used one bulb per light, they can have two. I went and spliced in a second socket and ran the brake light off the same line coming from my third light. do you think 4 bulbs would be to much for the factory wire in the car? ( have heavy gauge outside ) Thanks.. rear lights all set to go next up wiring up the Ferrari front turn signals!! woo hoo

8) EXCELLENT 8) Maybe Fanatics_T could answer your question on the wire,,,,,,,He is an electrical wiz!!!