Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Brand new need some help...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    164

    Brand new need some help...

    I have been searching the net looking for an accurate Gallardo or California replica...I want an accurate interior also. G-Force replicas says they can but only have pics of real cars on their site....Not sure they ever have or ever will build one...and the cost $120,000 I might as well buy a gallardo (which I'm considering)
    Same with extreme replicas...no actual interior picture and they are priced right but are they junk? will they send the car?
    Extreme doesnt have any interior pics or stats on their cars
    I gallardo with a BMW V12 or viper engine would be my first choice...
    any help?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    181

    Re: Brand new need some help...

    In my opinon- there just isnt any real good Gallardo kits out there that is worth the investment in building. I would definitely recommend just buying a used real Gallardo, in fact Im currently bidding on a wrecked Gallardo right now through a insurance company. The one Im bidding on hit a curb at 40 mph and only has suspension damage. I finished my Diablo Roadster a few months ago and now have the thirst for a real Lamborghini. I have seen some pretty good deals on used Gallardos, some as low $65k in decent shape......

  3. #3
    Senior Member Joe 1320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    189

    Re: Brand new need some help...

    Quote Originally Posted by Shootfighter65
    I gallardo with a BMW V12 or viper engine would be my first choice...
    any help?
    Take your time. The worst thing you can do is search in a hasty manner. you end up paying too much or getting the wrong car. Time is your friend, not your foe.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    164

    Re: Brand new need some help...

    After many days and hours I think I have solved my problem... No way do I want the maint costs of a real gallardo I want a daily driver
    After exhausting my self looking for a builder that I like this is what I think I will do.
    I can purchase a high millage Gallardo (I have found some) or one with light damage. I found one with 180000 miles on if for 44k.
    I am thinking about buying one of these and sending it to G-force engineering to use as the basis for my kit. I told them I want a Porsche transaxel with a Corvette or other easy maint motor. srtip it down use it on another chassis, use the seats the dash as much as possible...
    I may even see if they can tear the top half off the motor cut the heads thin weld the intake manifold to them and make an enging cover out of it.....doing some serious research. It would be great to have a Gallardo I could actually drive

  5. #5
    Senior Member TwilightZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,200

    Re: Brand new need some help...

    Quote Originally Posted by Shootfighter65
    After many days and hours I think I have solved my problem... No way do I want the maint costs of a real gallardo I want a daily driver
    After exhausting my self looking for a builder that I like this is what I think I will do.
    I can purchase a high millage Gallardo (I have found some) or one with light damage. I found one with 180000 miles on if for 44k.
    I am thinking about buying one of these and sending it to G-force engineering to use as the basis for my kit. I told them I want a Porsche transaxel with a Corvette or other easy maint motor. srtip it down use it on another chassis, use the seats the dash as much as possible...
    I may even see if they can tear the top half off the motor cut the heads thin weld the intake manifold to them and make an enging cover out of it.....doing some serious research. It would be great to have a Gallardo I could actually drive
    http://spydersportscars.com/

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    164

    Re: Brand new need some help...

    not really a lot of info on theirr site...looks like they have never completed a car.......Remember the most expensive lambo is a cheap one

  7. #7
    Senior Member TwilightZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,200

    Re: Brand new need some help...

    Quote Originally Posted by Shootfighter65
    not really a lot of info on theirr site...looks like they have never completed a car.......Remember the most expensive lambo is a cheap one
    its best to contact them before you make any assumptions

  8. #8
    Senior Member dratts1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Brand new need some help...

    There is a gallardo replica build on pennocks. I have no idea how accurate it is. Looks ok to me but I'm not a stickler on every detail.

Similar Threads

  1. brand new VIRTUAL MOTOR for sale
    By aaronbry in forum The Mall
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 05:00 AM
  2. Brand-new drivetrain idea!
    By McDesign in forum Technical Discussion & Question
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-12-2009, 09:35 PM
  3. Brand new here.....starting from scratch
    By Kjak in forum Technical Discussion & Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 12:39 AM
  4. Oil Filters without a brand label??
    By RHK in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2007, 09:47 AM
  5. What brand of wheels are these ??
    By goyal99 in forum General Kitcar Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2006, 10:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •