Thread: new lambo replica cite robslp640.com

new lambo replica cite robslp640.com

Robslp640.com is now up and running if any members have suggestions to improve change or modify my web page to make it better and help u guys please feel free to let me know.

How about showing some clear pictures of the completed product? I would also embed your image gallery inside your own website en get all the garbage out between the
    pictures. Just my 2 cents

Rob,

Coppermine is a free and easy to install / use photo gallery application that has a built in bridge to SMF if you want to link the user data bases together.

I agree that showing some completed projects would help build some crediblity with potintial buyers of the DVD and your services as well as being very careful not to post actual pictures of real Lamborghini's in your auctions and website as this can be thought of being slightly misleading. Since you are growing your business, you might want to consider building a complete "company car" that shows all of your products and services consider documenting this build from start to finish in a newer version of your DVD. This build could be a legit company asset and expense which means you'd stand to do very well on tax deductions at the end of the year. Once the car was built, you could always put it up for sale at a nice profit if you didn't want it long term.

Well meant feedback for your continued growth and success.

Chris

I need better pics I agree working on that now. I apprecaite your feed back. I'll try the stuff your suggesting. Chris have you started the guage pod yet.

I have some various parts and pieces that I've heard about other using (Focus cluster, Lamborghini overlay, Fiero guages) however I think I'm going to go with a GPS speedometer and use a direct wired tach in my cluster and mount a oil pressure, voltage and engine temp. guage package on the drivers side windshield pillar. I figure that the turn signals will be easy to find on the Fiero harness and those can be easily mounted behind the cluster with a couple LED's. I'm going for something a little bolder than OEM (white gauges on a black background) but I want to retain the Lamborghini white script on the cluster panel just to keep things in sync with the rest of the car. Depending on what I decide to go with as far as a shifter will detirmine if I use an LCD / LED shift indicator panel in the cluster or not (TBD). This is supposed to be one of my winter projects but until I knock off a couple more things on my home project list.. it doesn't look like I'll be getting to this anytime soon.

Chris

I'll check with another builder that has built three cars and see what he uses hes not in the chat rooms, but if he has something good i'll let you know.

nice start on the site Rob. Quick question.... your kit, is it molded from an actual murci? You mentioned oem lights and grills will fit. Will sill plates and other stuff fit as well? Please let me know. I might start a build sooner than I think

Since I'm a webdesigner myself I want to give you some pointers on the technical aspect of your website too:

- The lamborghini on the splash page has some white lines around it, make sure you cut it out well and convert it to a .PNG. That should fix your problem.
    (I would agree with NoBull, try now to show any real Lamborghini's, it won't make your work more plausible.)
    - I would try to stick to one color scheme, green with black is very nice, but then your logo is yellow...
    - The cutout of your DVD on the homepage has some rough edges too, I'm afraid you're using .GIF's instead of .PNG's!
    - Don't forget to give your website a decent title and favicon. It just says 'index' now. Not really great for the SEO
    - I'd make the images on your DVD (where you see your orange car) black and white, that will make it fit in the whole black/green scheme
    - Finally, I'd design a skin for your forum to match the look of your website, maybe even implement it in your website.

Just a few pointers