Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: front cross member tubular box with suspension

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

front cross member tubular box with suspension

Could someone build this suspension Box ,or if i can get some measurements i will fab up on ,i know nothing about front suspension that is why i am trying to buy one

this Super nice chassis on the bottom belong to Gallardo on this forum
    Last edited by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER; 11-02-2011 at 01:03 PM.
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Hi ikr, got your pm mate. Happy to help you out where i can, pm me with your specific requirements and i'm sure we can sort it for you.
    Cheers bud
    mark spydersportscars.com

just what you have on the front of yours, the bottom picture,Suspension box with control arms on both sides , pm me a rough cost we are trying to get a tube chassis for our SuperBass EV-7

REVENTON REPLICA FENDER VENTS
    Last edited by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER; 10-31-2011 at 10:44 PM.
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

IKR;

The plans I had for the custom chassis in my 288 GTO build had the front suspension box built with measurements. It was built for C5 front suspension hubs so if you take those measurements off those plans and transfer them to the front frame area of the frame you have you can then place your front wheels and hubs in the correct locations and get the control arm lengths to build with. The plans give you lengths and angles etc for the upper and lower control arms positions.

On another note, do you not already have a set of NAERC plans that would have the dimensions or maybe Chan

Someone, I really can't remember now (maybe rcr??) hosted the plans up for everyone for me. IIRC, the plans link is on page 5 or so of my build thread.... I'll check.
    Cheers
    Don
    Last edited by Don; 11-02-2011 at 04:24 PM.

IKR;

I lied. Sorry. I went through the old build diary and the pdf's are no longer up there. If I remember, I will send you the pdf files I have to your email. I will also offer up the pdf's to anyone else that might want them. I don't want to send them up to a share site to be that open to everyone else in the world.

Cheers
    Don

A link to the thread page that has a few images of the frame so you can see how it is set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    IKR;

I lied. Sorry. I went through the old build diary and the pdf's are no longer up there. If I remember, I will send you the pdf files I have to your email. I will also offer up the pdf's to anyone else that might want them. I don't want to send them up to a share site to be that open to everyone else in the world.

Cheers
    Don

A link to the thread page that has a few images of the frame so you can see how it is set up.
    Hey Don, I'd like to have a copy of those pdf's as well. I will PM my email address to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    IKR;

The plans I had for the custom chassis in my 288 GTO build had the front suspension box built with measurements. It was built for C5 front suspension hubs so if you take those measurements off those plans and transfer them to the front frame area of the frame you have you can then place your front wheels and hubs in the correct locations and get the control arm lengths to build with. The plans give you lengths and angles etc for the upper and lower control arms positions.

On another note, do you not already have a set of NAERC plans that would have the dimensions or maybe Chan

Someone, I really can't remember now (maybe rcr??) hosted the plans up for everyone for me. IIRC, the plans link is on page 5 or so of my build thread.... I'll check.
    Cheers
    Don
    You didn't lie..I changed hosts a few months ago. I forgot about all of the stuff that was hosted..Sorry...

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

No issues at all Bob. It had been several years since those were posted up there. I am sure everyone on this forum appreciates your generosity for hosting them for so long.

I can send anyone new that wants the pdfs or CADs to their email from here on.

Thanks very much for hosting the files. Hopefully HTXtremes is still working away on the frame for his build. I remember him havng the body up for sale a while ago..... I could use the frame again actually on the Lambo Countach build..... Guess I sold it too soon......

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

I was over at my brother's place the other night and he is building a couple kits as well. He has a Super 7 and a Sebring kit. Th eLotus uses modified Miata front suspension uprights etc. on tube a arms but the Sebring uses the Mustang II front suspension.

Is there a reason why folks don't put the Mustang II front suspension in the custom frames? They are VERY affordable and VERY accessible (even in Canada. Who would have thought....) vs. some of the other stuff we put ouselves through to find Corvette versions, custom tube etc.

Any thoughts?

I can easily get pics and measurements for the full front setup that is on his Sebring if anyone is interested.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

i will be getting the front chassis box with suspension arms from overseas in the 2nd picture above to add to my econo- sub-frame to make a full tubular chassis out of it ,Thanks for all the help ,please continue to post ideas ,i need all the help i can get ,nothing negative ,keep that for yourself !

Last edited by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER; 11-19-2011 at 12:48 PM.