Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not too complicated

Not too complicated

Does anyone know which car between the Countach, Diablo and Murcielago is the least complicated and economic to build from scratch?

Which is the least complicated to complete and economic to build from scratch? Well your into the wrong car. They are all complicating as is and near impossible to build them right also extremely expensive to complete.

Less than 3% of people who start on these cars complete them and 1% come out accurate to the original.

Quote Originally Posted by VF1Skullangel View Post
    Which is the least complicated to complete and economic to build from scratch? Well your into the wrong car. They are all complicating as is and near impossible to build them right also extremely expensive to complete.

Less than 3% of people who start on these cars complete them and 1% come out accurate to the original.
    Like VF1 said, they are all complicated. Lamborghini replicas are not the best choice for a first time builder. Also, you ask about economic? That part is definitely controlled by the accuracy and the detail you wish to achieve. My opinion and advice......the roadsters, Diablo and Murci, require a lot of attention to the interior detail because they are obviously open for all to see. Also the Murcielago replicas really look best using a lot of OEM parts such as the grilles and tail lights. A coupe has at least 7 grilles that really stand out and should be OEM, and the roadster requires 5 more for the engine lid. As for the tail lights, that can be as much as 3k alone. Sometimes you can get great deals from other builders selling off parts, but you cant assume that as part of your budget. Keep to a real budget, full cost. If you find a deal....then you save.

If you have skill and determination, you can build anything. Look at cars either finished or being built on this forum or others. Come to a realistic expectation of what it is you want out of your finished car. Them make a list of the parts you know you will require to achieve that goal. In the end, the Countach, Diablo, or Murci may not be so different in cost. But you will have a better understanding of what it will take. Research, Research, Research. everyone will tell you that, before you jump into a build. Any build.

Good luck friend and I hope you build your dream.
    Mitch
    Last edited by MDMurcy2; 11-08-2011 at 12:21 PM.
    Keep dreaming if you want to, I'm building mine!

It looks like you have your answer but just to add: if you're looking for an easy and relatively cheap build (compared to Lamborghini replicas anyway) take a look at the DNA stuff - their spiders are really lovely looking things and seem to be extremely easy to build. Their 430 Scudo is also stunning to see although I couldn't honestly tell you how easy (or not) it is to build compared to the Spiders. I would assume that given it's DNA they would still be extremely easy.

If you want something economical you should look into a kit that requires no stretching and only body panel replacements like the DNA MR2 based kits. The closest thing your gonna get to a Diablo like that is the Euroworks Mirage X kit or the PISA Artero. Both can be done on a Fiero chassis without stretch and could be built for under 10k IF you do all the work yourself. You could also do a non stretched Countach also but the problem when doing one of these kits is your compormising the look of the car and people will know its a replica from a mile away. If you look past that you just might hit jackpot but I'm the type of guy thats looking for the closest replica to the original.

Another thing you can do is buy a Turnkey. Find a completed car with all the parts and hard work done and go from there.

There are a few Fiero rebody kits here:
    V-8 Archie -- Pontiac Fiero V-8 Kits and Kit Cars

back to Lamborghini's tho - I'd sell you my Countach replica. It's complete, runs and drives, but some of the work looks pretty amateur. It would be a good first project for someone. It gets a TON of attention. Anyway, send me a pm if yr interested.

It is not my first build, completed a countach replica in 2008, was thinking of starting another replica.

go with an original car... make your own design... do one of the lamborghini concept cars... it would make it more interesting...

out of the 3 , the countach is poss the best for you

Quick question guys, anyone seen the body former plans on webguy.ca? Claimed to be Brian Wolff drawings, anyone tried any of them yet or at least made a model from them?