Thread: Diablo roadster stretch

Diablo roadster stretch

I am about to stretch my fiero for a diablo roadster body...now i have done the stretch for a countach but am wondering if there is anything different for the stretch for a diablo roadster body?.I have seen some pictures showing the upper frame rail and corner of firewall area removed?with the roadster is it just a standard stretch?.Also I am wondering what the best steel to use is...with a countach i used 1.5" x 2" steel tubing but all i seem to see in build diaries is 2"x2"...1/8" wall (will that fit in the frame rails?).Thanks,

Diablo Roadster

Lamboman....

I have a replica chasie that is 80% completed, I will sell it cheep if you are interested.

Thanks
    CCIE
    yusha_2000@yahoo.com

Weird my replys are not showing up...

CCIE,thanks for the offer but i am not really looking to go the replica chassis route right now.

I figured i would get more response then this...nobody stretch a fiero for a diablo roadster?

I used 2x2 square tubing for a 7 inch stretch. On the lower rail, i stacked 2 of the tubes on top of each other; I think some people use 2x4 tubing if you can find it.
    I'd say 1/8th steel is plenty strong- it's a lot thicker than the factory frame rails.

On the Diablo, if you plan to use the stock drivetrain, you'll need to modify or replace the shift cables and the throttle cable; there won't be enough slack in the lines to stretch it 10 inches. Of course the brake and water lines need it also, but that's no big deal.

Sounds good...i think i will go with the 2x2 this time but i did like the fact i could insert the 1.5 x 2" into the frame ...the 2x2 will be a butt weld im thinking?.can i use the smae 2x2 to stretch the engine cradel?.