Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to forums

New to forums

I am Lazaro and I am from Houston Tx. I am new to the kit car world and would appreciate any advice from any of the board members to help better my experience with future builds. I am going to start "easy" with a BMW Z3 replica kit based on a Mazda Miata doner car just to get my feet wet. So any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I guess your not going to use a CNC machine to carve the BMW out... I personally think you'd have a cooler car and lots of customers if you make a beautiful custom kit.

ArashB;

I think lazaro85 is talking about the kit already available to convert a Miata into a Z3 look alike. A bit shorter than the Z3 but overall, not a bad kit. I don't think he is building one from scratch.

Good luck and always double the amount of time you think a task will take and 1.5 to double your estimate on the kit cost....... This is what I have found so far.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Quote Originally Posted by ArashB View Post
    I guess your not going to use a CNC machine to carve the BMW out... I personally think you'd have a cooler car and lots of customers if you make a beautiful custom kit.
    I dont know how to do any of that yet. I am going to buy a kit already molded. Can u explain what u mean

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    ArashB;

I think lazaro85 is talking about the kit already available to convert a Miata into a Z3 look alike. A bit shorter than the Z3 but overall, not a bad kit. I don't think he is building one from scratch.

Good luck and always double the amount of time you think a task will take and 1.5 to double your estimate on the kit cost....... This is what I have found so far.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

Cheers
    Don
    Nothing from scratch yet. I am starting with the Z3 kit. Then i am going to move to the mercy 2 kit based on the fiero doner. Then i will do another mercy 2 with frame built from scratch

Quote Originally Posted by ArashB View Post
    Thats the one

I'd skip the Z3 kit - you can buy a real one for less than $15K. Check this one out:
    BMW : Z3 BMW : Z3 | eBay

I'm not sure who the manufacturer is, but there's a kit to convert a Z4 to a Z8:
    BMW Z8 Replica Kit Using a BMW Z4 Roadster as a Base - Carscoop

Quote Originally Posted by RHK View Post
    I'd skip the Z3 kit - you can buy a real one for less than $15K. Check this one out:

I'm not sure who the manufacturer is, but there's a kit to convert a Z4 to a Z8:
    I can get you a Z3 for under 6k if you'd like a clean nice example of one too. Just PM if intrested

Quote Originally Posted by RHK View Post

I understand where u r coming from but i dont have 9k to buy a car or 6k for a doner car. I am gonna do the BMW Z3 to get my feet wet because my doner car will only be 400 bucks.