Thread: Fiero

Fiero

Can a BMW v12 750il or 850i engine fit into a Fiero chassis without having to cut anything or do you have to cut some things?
    Kilo-murci

Can a V12 fit? Yes it will fit but it is a LOT of work. Someone on the fiero forum was doing this conversion and he had to custom build or modify most of the parts to not only get it in there but also to get things hooked up.

Getting it to fit is one thing. The fiero frame gets cut and stretched about 11 inches when building a lambo kit so the frame and engine cradle get extensive mods

Making it run is the other problem after getting it to fit. I haven't seen one BMW conversion that runs properly , most are stuck in limp mode and barely drive

Jim had his running with the stock BMW ecu, youtube his videos. As far as getting it to fit, it is a lot of work. Even with the 10.5'' stretch I did to the chassis I am still cutting it close. Width wise its ok but the length with the Audi trans and adapter plate make it very long. I would seriously reconsider trying to fit it into the stock Fiero engine compartment.

Ok thanks guy. I'm really looking forward to trying this out. I'm planning to buy a used 750il and just swap what needs to be swapped.
    Kilo-murci

There are quite a few running the 12, Switta did one in the fiero also. Basically if the v8 will fit the v12 will (bout 2" diff between them)