Thread: lamborghini grills found new material

lamborghini grills found new material

If someone could look into this we might be on to something. There are very large speaker covers on a brand name of meyer sounds home speakers that have the exact same size and shape of holes as yhe grills in the lambos. Some find where they sell them. I think there metal all we gotta do is cut the shape of the grill bend some edges

Sorry for the spelling on my phone

Last edited by daniel2002; 04-11-2013 at 08:02 AM.

They sell it in 4x8 sheets of .063 alum at just about any metal wholesaler.

I buy all different kinds of it for my sign company all the time, and its around 100$ a sheet.

Look in the phonebook for a aluminum vendor. Im in New Orleans, which is a small city, and we have 3 places to get it.

and DO NOT ask for expanded metal, expanded metal is a where they cut slits in the sheet and pull it. Thats the crap they sell at home depot. Its PERFORATED metal. There is a big difference. And you want .063. Thats easy to bend, and strong enough for what we would use it for. It usually comes in .040, .063, .090, and .125

Quote Originally Posted by Robslp640 View Post
    Sorry for the spelling on my phone
    That seem authentic replicas interesting catches my eye are the replicas of
    Lamborghini Super Replicas - LS1 Veyron Lamborghini Super Replicas - Veyron LS1

Thanks for the links. That's a problem I too was trying to solve.

Nothing beats that look and fit of OEM and many times the cost of trying to replicate many trim parts can be more or equal to OEM. I always try to use original parts (new and used) for anything that is visual on the car and will fit as my first option. If too expensive or OEM won't fit correctly, do I look at fabrication options. I think the use of OEM parts improves the value and look of the car and it's nice to have some of the original parts on the car of the car I'm trying to replicate.

Examples:

- Murci OEM mirrors won't fit and are very expensive - Replicate
    - Murci side reflectors are cheap - Use OEM
    - Murci grilles can be found used or bought decently brand new - Use OEM becasue the cost in replicating would be equal too or more than OEM.
    - Murci hood emblem - OEM because there are not many other options that would look right
    - Murci windshield wipers - Replicate because of cost and general fit look with a non OEM windshield.

To each their own.. everyone has different expectations for quality, build time and budget and some builders have more talent and tools than others which enables them to do a much better job replicating parts.

Chris
    Last edited by No Bull; 03-24-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by capach13 View Post
    That seem authentic replicas interesting catches my eye are the replicas of
    Lamborghini Super Replicas - LS1 Veyron Lamborghini Super Replicas - Veyron LS1

I think the mods should delete this post. Obviously just and ad from these crooks. Spam of the worst kind.....