Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: re exhaust sound, what would you do?

re exhaust sound, what would you do?

I'm considering a kit which allows the option of a LS1 engine, my question is, if I use this set-up what would you recommend for an exhaust if I want to achieve a true Lamborghini or Ferrari sound?

Thanks,
    Mike

Mike,

As far as I know. You will never get that kind of sound from a GM V8 motor. The closest GM motor that has something close to the sound your after is the 3.4L DOHC 24 Valve V6. Although it certainly won’t have the power the V8 will have but it will have the sound you’re looking for. It’s kind of a catch 22!

Here is one exhaust sound clip of my 5.7l V8, not the best quality video but I like the sound, almost sounds like supercharged v8.
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

is this link good??? I couldn't find it.

Where's the link to the sound clip?!?

Hmmm......
    Is this working
    5.7L V8 diablo - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Mike,

As far as I know. You will never get that kind of sound from a GM V8 motor. The closest GM motor that has something close to the sound your after is the 3.4L DOHC 24 Valve V6. Although it certainly wonít have the power the V8 will have but it will have the sound youíre looking for. Itís kind of a catch 22!
    Some of the fastest Fieros are 3.4's or 3.8's while some of the slowest are the V8's. You could easily put a Supercharger or Turbo on a 3.4 and runaway from a V8 all day and be right up there with an original. I know if I had a choice id take a 3.4 over a Caddy 4.9 or hell even a 5.7 LS or LT motor!

Its very possible to have the sound and the power to match it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock View Post
    I'm considering a kit which allows the option of a LS1 engine, my question is, if I use this set-up what would you recommend for an exhaust if I want to achieve a true Lamborghini or Ferrari sound?

Thanks,
    Mike
    180 degree headers and a light flywheel is the closest you will get with an American V8

Quote Originally Posted by VF1Skullangel View Post
    Some of the fastest Fieros are 3.4's or 3.8's while some of the slowest are the V8's. You could easily put a Supercharger or Turbo on a 3.4 and runaway from a V8 all day and be right up there with an original. I know if I had a choice id take a 3.4 over a Caddy 4.9 or hell even a 5.7 LS or LT motor!

Its very possible to have the sound and the power to match it.
    VF

Are you serious????

I have seen 1200 hp 4 cyls to but would you want to drive one?

Mac is right about what will give the most "exotic sound" but to answer your original question the best you can get from the LS will be 180* headers

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianBurton View Post
    VF

Are you serious????

I have seen 1200 hp 4 cyls to but would you want to drive one?

Mac is right about what will give the most "exotic sound" but to answer your original question the best you can get from the LS will be 180* headers
    The problem with 4 bangers and V8's are you'll know what they are regardless of what exhaust you use or headers. It simply will sound V8 or 4 cylinder.