Thread: Lambo V8 Spring Selection

Lambo V8 Spring Selection

I have a completed V8 Countach and need some assistance sorting out my final ride height and handling issues. I have a fiero chassis and have the stock springs both front and back. The rear springs need to be heavier and support the rear in a much higher attitude. I have already tried colt rear springs on the front. The ride height was good but the spring is too soft and handling was terrible. Ant suggestions would be appreciated.

kitcarnut

Re: Lambo V8 Spring Selection

coilover 350lbs rear struts,poly transmision mounts,poly bushings,cradel mounts poly or aluminum. front could use stock but new balljoints etc. front and rear sway bars. good wheelaligment and you are set. so far I did not see any stretched Fiero rebody go over 70MPH. they all bump steer etc. all that I'm using on my 25th.

"Re: Lambo V8 Spring Selection

I agree with 'kitcarnut' except for
    'so far I did not see any stretched Fiero rebody go over 70MPH. they all bump steer etc'
    Well, there must be some setup problems somewhere. My Koenig starts getting a bit light in the front around 120 MPH. I cruise at 80>90mph (highways) all day long!!! If you're getting bumpsteer, then the rear toe is out to much, or you can try adjusting(tightening) the rear springs, allowing less travel. Held Motorsports makes a adjustable arm($$$) to remove 'bumpsteer', but I found by riding stiffer, the car handles pretty well, and my back end is wide, 2" under 8 feet!
    Sandy

kitcarnut

Sandy -the reason why I said, most stretched bump steer ,because all I know or hear of had problems. maybe it goes for non stretch as well with the fat tires. you see,no one pays attention to all rusted suspension parts that sit for 2-3 years while we put our cars together. also not too many people spend cash on Helds.Yes, I was one of them too. Ed

'Kitcarnut', I hear you.... When I 1st started out with this car on a highway, it was all over the road, took 2 alignments, and many hours to fine tune, and then 're-learn' how to drive!!! Sometimes I think it's an 'oversized, overpowered, GO-Kart. But... lots of fun when the handling issuses went away!
    I wish I had the $$ for Held's adjustable arm, would have made 'setup' alot less painful!
    Sandy