Thread: what size wheels?

what size wheels?

I know the STOCK murcielago has 18's, but does anyone on here use anything bigger? like 19's, or even 20"s? or maybe and 18/20 staggered setup? Im about to buy wheels and tires, and I would love to see some of your guys cars with wheels.

I am using 18x9 and 20x13 on mine, when I get the rears back I will post pics

Whatever wheels you may use you will need either Spacers or Adapters or both.

I think this wheel set is Amazing, and incredibly inexpensivee:

19" LAMBO AUDI A4 A6 A8 S4 WHEELS RIMS NEW 08 &UP AUDI | eBay

And here's an adapter set to use those wheels on a Fiero hub:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5x100-5x112-...sories&vxp=mtr

Also wheel spacer & adapter set for ANY WHEEL can be bought from:

Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Centric Rings | Motorsport Tech

BTW AdrianBurton, Do you even need a spacer with a 13" wheel? And where did you get the adapter from?

Thanks
    Last edited by am33r; 03-17-2012 at 06:47 PM.

I dont need adaptors or spacers, I am using a tube chassis

the above statement about needing spacers and/or adapters is false. you can get three piece wheels made to your specs from several manufacturers. they arent cheap but they are available. HRE,GFG ect.

Twilightz is right, my earlier statement is false IF you want to custom build Anything and pay a ridiculous amount of money for doing so. Oh and I don't know what type of a hub you have but just to clarify: HRE and GFG don't have wheels for stock Fiero bolt patterns.

wrong again, HRE makes several 5x100 , just are you willing to spend the money, go to pennocks @ fiero.nl there are several running HRE on their fieros, several with stock body cars some with wide bodies. I think it is crazy to spend the money people do on the car but will not spend the money on the wheels and use a 4" spacer and kill turning radius and the excessive strain on ball joints etc..

There are ALOT of companies that build wheels to your specs if you want. I found at least half a dozen that let you choose wheel diameter, width, bolt pattern, and offset.
    Im not asking where to get wheels, I just wanted to see what size wheels you guys are running and how they look. I wanted to run 18/20 staggered setup, but I was unsure how its going to look.

By the way, spacers or not, pushing the center of the wheel that far from the hub puts strain on suspension wether the spacer is bolted to the hub, or if it machined into in wheel. The center of the wheel is however far its going to be, and your steering scrub radius is changed no matter what. The ONLY way to fix it is to widen the suspension. I do believe its better to have the offset put into the wheel instead of a flimsy spacer, but the end result is exactly the same.

You are right about the scrub radius issues, if you have a look at my links you will see pics of 19/20 it will be the car with the blk and chrome rims and my 18/20 set up (only closeups of my rear wheels though