Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Coilover Problem HELP!!!

New Coilover Problem HELP!!!

Right so I fitted new Coilovers this weekend and went for a test drive and all seems fine, but after 10 mins it started squeezing and now whenever I go over the smallest bump it squeek a so loud :S anyone know why or how I can make it stop?

Thanks Tony

Did you make them yourself?

Maybe the spring shifted and is rubbing on the sleave. You didn't give me much to go on Tony.

Try spraying any things that's move with silicone spray

Urethane bushing can squeak like that too. They need to be lubed occasionally.

Ahhhh

Can I use WD-40 or maybe White lithium grease? An where to lube it?

I brought

I Brought the coilovers and fitted with new dampers, but it's only the rear that it squeek a over the smallest bump, the front are to be fitted with wheel spacers but I don't know how to make the squeek stop

I have used a spray lube in the past on coil overs, but make sure the coils are not touching against the frame or a part of the suspension. Good Luck.

WD-40 is not a lube. I would try something like a silicone spray if you don't want to disassemble the bushings to get the grease inside.

Luthium

Alright I sprayed all the bushing with hire lithium grease and it was fine for 3 days then slowly came back?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSnow View Post
    Alright I sprayed all the bushing with hire lithium grease and it was fine for 3 days then slowly came back?
    You need to remove these things again and do it properly. Spray lubes of ALL kinds are a temporary fix. I suggest synthetic grease on the bushings inside and outside. This will fix your problem. Until then, good luck trying to mask the problem.