Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diablo from an 88 fiero

Diablo from an 88 fiero

Can it be done? Anyone here ever tried it? Can you put me into contact with anyone who has? I am also looking for good refferences as to where I can buy kit stuff. I already have my 88 fiero lined up, is this the best car to base from?

thanks

Re:Diablo from an 88 fiero

Dan:

It can be done. How much time and experience do you have building a car? Do you have a welder, Air Compressor, Jack Stands, Floor Jack, drill press, hand tools, grinders, body building experience, big garage you can tie up for a few years and a patient wife?

It is a job and can be done. Check out Larrybud's car and a few others on this site.

Regards,

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Hi Dan. It definitely can be done. There are quite a few people building Diablo kits on Fiero chassis' but like FUNNYWHEELS said it's a major project that requires a lot of time especially if you do everything yourself. I'm presently building my own body from scratch so I have a good idea how long it takes. All the info you should need can be found at these sites. www.kitcentral.com and www.lambolounge.com
    Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Lambofan:

You have my interest peaked. What kind of body are you designing and building? I am sincerely interested in some of the techniques you employ with an endeavor like yours?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Can it be done? Anyone here ever tried it? Can you put me into contact with anyone who has? I am also looking for good refferences as to where I can buy kit stuff. I already have my 88 fiero lined up, is this the best car to base from?

thanks
    Call Robert (Shaddoe on the Forum) @ Exotic Glass
    or visit his website www.exoticglass1.com. This man can make a burlap bag look like a million Dollars!

I suggest you visit his site to see the Orange Roadster under construction. AMAZING car
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Great!,

Then I guess I will be mailing the check off for my 88 fiero!
    As far as the tools I will have access to lets see. I have a drill press, bench grinder, lots of hand tools, some experience in building stuff and luckily alot of friends who will have all of the other tools I'll be needing. As far as time I will have the entire summer it looks like until the fall semester and after that I will still have afternoons and weekends if I don't end up studying too much. And if things stay the way they are I will only be working two nights a week and the rest of the time I will be working from home. I also have an enclosed garage with what I think should be enough workspace. So I guess how far I get will come down to how well my business does and how much play money I am left with.

There is also a great Diablo builders forum that you may want to visit as well. There are numerous people that can help you out .

www.kitcentral.com
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Dan:

At the end of the day, you want to have fun building your dream car. When it gets tough on you, just walk away for a few days like Ari did. He will eventually get it on the road.

Dave

FUNNYWHEELS, I'm building a lambo inspired body. I started out to build a Diablo VT coupe but now I'm going a more custom route, combining some styling cues from the Murcielago with the Diablo. The roofline is about 2 1/2 inches higher than a Diablo for more headroom and I am designing it to use a windshield and door glass from common cars so it will be cheap to replace and easy to find. It doesn't have to be cut either. The design isn't finalized yet. It's kind of a trial and error process to see what looks right. Here's a picture of the plug in progress. I am using plaster over mesh and screen. It works great. The front bumper will be different than in this pic, more like the 6.0 or Murci.
    I have a lot of work ahead but it's going good so far. Time to work on it has been scarce lately. Let me know what you guys think of it so far.

Lambofan:

That looks like it will be a pretty cool car. I like the idea of additional head room. I am long in the trunk and always had a hard time getting into a Lambo.

How long have you been at that project?

By the Way, I hear that there is a Saturn side glass that some builder use on the style body your building.

Keep us posted.

Looks great!