Thread: E3 Spark Plugs

E3 Spark Plugs

E3 Spark Plug tech looks interesting, anyone using them and how do you like 'em?

I have them in my van. I put them in about 10K miles ago. When I first installed them I gained about 1 MPG. Now my van isn't running as smooth at it should. I think I may replace them.

Thanks, I saw them being used on HorsepowerTV for a performance build, they dyno'd the motor with E3's and a standard performance plug, the E3's made 4hp more and emissions were cleaner. I think some NASCAR teams use them, was curious on a real world experience with them.

Don’t believe everything you see on TV. LOL

I read about the E3s before I installed them. I should of taken into account the problems. They are a bear to change on this vehicle. At the time, I had car apart so it wasn’t difficult. Now it will be a challenge.

True, but I then did a little digging and a couple of indepedent test labs came back with similar results. I don't now why they would be hard to change, they screw in just like any other plug.

I was always curious about these. Not sure if they would make a difference on a Fiero motor, but maybe modern engines would benefit from them. I'm curious why no OEM has picked them up yet. (yes, for normal cars they're way to expensive, but luxury cars have a bit more flexibility in pricing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Import View Post
    I was always curious about these. Not sure if they would make a difference on a Fiero motor, but maybe modern engines would benefit from them. I'm curious why no OEM has picked them up yet. (yes, for normal cars they're way to expensive, but luxury cars have a bit more flexibility in pricing.)
    Good question, OEM is certainly looking for ways to limit emissions and gain a little power, and this one all in 1 shot. Could be the volume discount they get from their existing providers or E3 not willing to discount hoping they will get full retail eventually. I would think any combustion engine would benefit, it's just combustion burning tech. Being used in NASCAR by some is a pretty good endorsement - if for no other reason than getting a little better mileage, 1 extra lap of gas could mean the difference between winning and losing. You've probably seen the vids if you've been to their site, they look legit to me. http://www.e3sparkplugs.com/video-center.php