Thread: Windshield View

Windshield View

OK, guys. What is your view when driving down the road in a Diablo? When I sit in my unfinished coupe chassis, half of my windshield is the upper part of my steering wheel and I am looking through the wheel. I do not have the steering wheel tilted down so it is in the "normal" straight position. Will the seat raise you enough to see over the wheel? Thanks Jim

It's actually a fairly good view. Way better than the Countach.

I felt the same way when I sat in my unfinished mercy the first time. The view is way different than anything I've ever owned, including other sports cars. Although you feel like you cant see anything, if you roll the car out of the garage and into the street and sit in it again, you'll notice you can see alot more than you think.

Im so exited..! I cant wait. It seems like ill only about 5" to look through...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo6.0 View Post
    OK, guys. What is your view when driving down the road in a Diablo? When I sit in my unfinished coupe chassis, half of my windshield is the upper part of my steering wheel and I am looking through the wheel. I do not have the steering wheel tilted down so it is in the "normal" straight position. Will the seat raise you enough to see over the wheel? Thanks Jim
    It's very limited as compared to normal cars...my Murcy is the same way. But putting in a seat and a smaller steering wheel helps out a lot.

In the OEM car it is around 7 inches.

Grant