Thread: Chassis performance...

Chassis performance...

Hi folks...

First post! Fantastic forum!

Wondering if any of you guys can tell me how a well built NAERC (or other) chassic performs in the real world. Understand that it was designed as a copy of the OEM Lambo chassis but can anyone give any input as to how close it actually performs?

In the planning stages of a scratch build but am having trouble finding any performance orientated info. Am keen to have a great looking build but moreso want something that performs like the real deal. Has anyone had their cars out at the track etc?

Thanks
    Rory...

Welcome to the forum.

I have a custom chassis but the replica chassis should perform as good as the original as long as it is assembled correctly. I would put a metal tunnel in instead of a fiberglass one to add more rigidity though.

The best chassis in the business won't handle well if the suspension is not set up right. If you do that you should be fine.

Look through my YouTube channel to see videos of the chassis running on the road. jdinner399 - YouTube
    It handles, corners and brakes amazing. The red roaster and the yellow 6.0 are both naerc chassis'.

Thanks for the replies guys...
    Wow jdinner! Kudos on your build, the cars are amazing!!! Attention to detail is awesome...

So is that correct, the naerc chassis is an exact clone of the original? What about suspension layout and geometry?

R

It is really close to the real thing. The rear suspension is pretty much right on. The front is different. The real lambo has a small knuckle while naerc uses a C5 vette knuckle. This makes the upper control arms mounts slightly higher. Other than that is right on. It still corners like a mad man.

Thanks again for the info jdinner. Pretty much exactly what I wanted to hear...
    If ok, might hit you up with some PMs in the future when I run into hurdles. Really appreciate the input...

Rory