Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you stretch Fieros and MR2s?

Where do you stretch Fieros and MR2s?

Topic title. Where do you stretch them and how tough is the process?

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

That actually doesn't tell me a whole lot. I know nothing of the inside of a Fiero.

Let me reword things a little. Do you stretch it in between the wheels and does stretching it require reworking the car mechanics and/or electronics?

between the passenger compartment and the rear wheels,

Ugh. That's very discouraging. I don't think I'm mechanically inclined to safely do this. Is this build possible with a car that doesn't need to be stretched?

stretching the chassis is one of the simpler processes needed to be done..... biggest thing good measurements and good welds...

I bet it is. I'm just very nervous about doing it myself as it involved tweaking important mechanics of the car. TBH, I am far more worried about getting the engine out and back in and extending all the smaller things then anything else.

BTW. The Aventador's wheels are further apart then on the Murcialago. Here's a picture of the two compared to one and other. I scaled it by matching up the front tires of the cars.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/137/50782644.jpg/
    Last edited by ronin; 06-01-2012 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Added info

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin View Post
    That actually doesn't tell me a whole lot. I know nothing of the inside of a Fiero.

Let me reword things a little. Do you stretch it in between the wheels and does stretching it require reworking the car mechanics and/or electronics?

ADD 2" X 2" SQ TUBING 6 PC. an 1/8" plate go over it to overlap most people use 2" angle iron to overlap
    Last edited by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER; 06-01-2012 at 08:46 AM.
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

A clever way to stretch the mk2 mr2 is to move the rear further along the chassis ie. strut mounts, engine, etc. this way no cutting is involved. Extreme do this for their Murci kit. I think this extends the wheel base by 10"
    I don't own or have built the kit so may need clarification on the extreme owners club.
    D

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerrous View Post
    A clever way to stretch the mk2 mr2 is to move the rear further along the chassis ie. strut mounts, engine, etc. this way no cutting is involved. Extreme do this for their Murci kit. I think this extends the wheel base by 10"
    I don't own or have built the kit so may need clarification on the extreme owners club.
    D
    they supply you with some kind of subframe which bolts on the rear subframes and is being welded into the engine bay, knida cool but f.ex. in germany really hard to get road legal.